Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: residen evil zero HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zombieslayer

HY GUYS

trying to play resident evil zero on my Laptop i can get it to work with no graphics promblems but the only promblem i am haveing is when i play it the person when you move moves slow like slowmo and the FPS is low i am geting 12 FPS was geting 10 but got it a littel better is there a way to make it better

My specs are

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-BIT
AMD Athlon X2 2GHZ
GeForce 8200M G
3 GB RAM

any help would be great i love this game and would like to play it again
I'd post configs but seriously doubt any tweaking will help.. RE games are on the heavier graphical resource usage scale when comparing to other wii/gc games. There is a possibility you wont get full fps, or above 15 at all, with that graphics card.

Be aware that 8200 M is a class 3 integrated card which is not meant for gaming. You can run some games on dolphin with it on reasonable FPS, but definitely not games such as SMG, Twilight princess, re4 etc.

8200M G Wrote:The performance of the chip is hardly sufficient for very modest games with low details. More important is the option of decoding HD videos (though with VP2 instead of VP3 and therefore worse than 9100M G) and therefore eases the CPU.

The main usage of the card is really decoding bluray, x264 coded etc. videos, which it can do fine.
What Ocean said.

Your system is lacking, and that's the reason you won't be able to get full speed out of RE0.

To add to that, it's a laptop integrated video card, meaning it's using memory from your RAM, making it even worse in performance.

If you truly want to play it on a laptop you'll need a MUCH stronger one. Or just go straight to a desktop PC with proper hardware. (I'd go with the latter).
His/Her CPU is also inadequate for some/most games, 2.0 Ghz is clocked too low for Dolphin and the Athlon64 is a last (Last 2 generations?) generation processor that is not very good for CPU intensive emulators such as Pcsx2 or Dolphin, you will find yourself limited most with these emulators and your current processor.

On top of that mobile hardware is underpowered compared to it's PC desktop counterparts, unless you have a decent spec'd notebook or a gaming notebook, there is not much you can do.
Yeah, I don't know why they're talking about the graphics card when it would run the game fine if he had a 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo with it. But you couldn't say the opposite. That the Athlon X2 2.0GHz would run the game fine if he had an HD 5000 series card.

(03-16-2010, 08:28 PM)zombieslayer Wrote: [ -> ]any help would be great i love this game and would like to play it again

Play the PC version, it is the same if not better with all the things a modded PC game can do. This is not a Nintendo only game and can be played elsewhere. But if you're set on playing it with Dolphin, a faster processor is needed.

zombieslayer

thanks every one for your help will keep files as i wont a better pc/laptop soon or think of geting a GC/wii

thanks
(03-17-2010, 04:49 AM)SS Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Play the PC version, it is the same if not better with all the things a modded PC game can do. This is not a Nintendo only game and can be played elsewhere. But if you're set on playing it with Dolphin, a faster processor is needed.

WTF? This game is Gamecube exclusive (later rereleased for Wii), don't mess person's brain.

@zombieslayer, you can try tweaking different settings, maybe you can get better speeds, but I'm not promising any speed ups.
Don't know why I was thinking of RE4. Take it easy, I made a mistake. Just take a deep breath and relax, it's all going to be okay.
(03-17-2010, 05:36 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know why I was thinking of RE4. Take it easy, I made a mistake. Just take a deep breath and relax, it's all going to be okay.
You ! Stop messing with people's brainzzzz !!!

[Image: 17d09588-1401-11de-bd52-001c23d677ba.gif]