Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros slow after 30 min??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

So I play with the config and the game runs smooth for 30 mins, then it rapidly slows down, and I must restart the Dolphin and it does the same thing, any1 knows why? thanks alll
Does dolphin's memory consumption get biger and bigger as time goes by ? Maybe it's a memory leak.
(03-16-2010, 03:25 PM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]Does dolphin's memory consumption get biger and bigger as time goes by ? Maybe it's a memory leak.

so how to fix this error? thanks
Dolphin doesn't slow down games by itself (except by distinct *optional* slowing down such as framelimiter or AT). Either your cpu or gpu is throttling itself because they are overheating.
Played this on 2 player using 2 wiimotes lastnight with the girlfriend for a good 2 hours or so and it only slowed down for about 5 seconds as it cleared cache at one point but that was it.
Sounds very much like an over heating issue. I have no problem with NSMB and i got a vary low en computer.
I also found problems with games that have to restart to run properly when i spend some time playing then (especially NSMBW). And my laptop surelly don't have problems with overheat!
(03-16-2010, 10:24 PM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds very much like an over heating issue. I have no problem with NSMB and i got a vary low en computer.

Yea same here unless he haves some programs running? Like msn and stuff.
(03-17-2010, 09:57 PM)shideravan Wrote: [ -> ]I also found problems with games that have to restart to run properly when i spend some time playing then (especially NSMBW). And my laptop surelly don't have problems with overheat!

Are you sure? Download speedfan or everest and post your temps after 30 mins of playing.

It would be pretty exceptional if your integrated intel card and dual core t2300 *wouldn't* heat up playing most wii games on dolphin. Not saying that's the only possible reason, but dolphin doesn't throttle itself.

The only way a game, which otherwise runs perfect such as NSMB, is getting slower is because either your gpu or cpu are nearing thermal red zone and are downgrading it's clock frequencies. Doesn't have to be even near the meltdown point of 100c, most cpu/gpu start throttling even at 60-80 degrees celsius.

Read on the performance chart section of the card.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graph...883.0.html
[Image: rh65ub.jpg]

It's not to rag on the low performance, but to provide an objective angle. It can't be expected to play flawless on dolphin when in fact the card cannot be even used to play almost any 3D games made after 2006.