Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii arcade hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I saw on the forum that Triforce hardware is supported so are there any plans to support Wii based arcades such as Tatsunoko Vs Capcom?
Seems kind of moot, it's pretty hard to legally or even illegally obtain triforce games, seeing as they can cost up to thousands of $ per copy.
(03-15-2010, 02:21 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Seems kind of moot, it's pretty hard to legally or even illegally obtain triforce games, seeing as they can cost up to thousands of $ per copy.

I was wondering that too not to many have triforce games besides my friend... but that's going off topic
(03-15-2010, 02:21 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Seems kind of moot, it's pretty hard to legally or even illegally obtain triforce games, seeing as they can cost up to thousands of $ per copy.

The actual hardware is what would cost some decent money, (but not thousands, hundreds) if you could ever find it. But the games are just games on small CD's just like Gamecube games and shouldn't be that expensive. But again, finding them would not be easy.
I've only ever seen one Triforce game and that was the Mario Kart GP game but that was in France

twoinone

it's a good idea
(03-16-2010, 10:43 PM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]

The actual hardware is what would cost some decent money, (but not thousands, hundreds) if you could ever find it. But the games are just games on small CD's just like Gamecube games and shouldn't be that expensive. But again, finding them would not be easy.

The actual hardware actually costs astronomical sums. Triforce hardware and mario gp game cost nearly $20,000 dollars.

http://www.mario-kart.net/mkgp-index.html
Quote:Name: Mario Kart Arcade GP
System: Arcade
Developer: Namco
Publisher: Nintendo
Category: Kart Racing
Release Date: October 2005 (USA)
Players: 1 to ??? (this game is multiplayer)
Available Drivers: At least 11 confirmed so far
Available Tracks: 24
Retail Price: $17,495

Also games like trigger heart (disc only) cost over $1200.. Virtua Fighter 4 also cost over $1k.

Trigger Heart

Virtua Fighter 4
Holy crap! Why does this cost so much? I though it was pretty much the MAMEcab equivalent of Gamecube/Wii?
Because you can make a lot of money by leasing them to shopping malls, cinemas, bowling alleys etc. with lots of kids. It can pay off itself in less than a year and you make profit after that. It isn't intended for personal collections.
I was talking about the hardware price. What you've linked to with the Mario Kart is someone trying to make a huge profit off of the entire cabinet by inflating the price. That site is there to make money. The entire cabinet would have went for that price brand new, but would never bring that kind of money now IMO. Sure, they are selling it for that much, but that doesn't mean anything. You don't need to spend $20.000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRIFORCE-Virtua-Stri...3ca4ce981f

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Triforce-GD-F-Z...3005r17957
Pages: 1 2 3 4