Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help to find Dolphin Plugins...anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Dolphin but I was wondering where is a good place to get plugins for it and are there any D3D plugins or is it only OpenGL? Also any tips on getting Metroid Prime to run faster would be much appreciated!

My specs are-
CPU: Q9550 @ stock speeds
RAM: 2x 2 GB OCZ Reaper series DDR2 1066MHz @ stock timings
HDD: Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB
Mobo: GA-X48-DQ6
GFX: 2x HIS IceQ HD4850 running in Crossfire (Crossfire disabled on Dolphin due to constant BSOD)
GFX Drivers: ATI Catalyst 9.4 (I think?)

P.S. Any suggestions from anyone using a similar system and Metroid Prime would be much appreciated!
(03-15-2010, 01:59 AM)Fridgemusa Wrote: [ -> ]I love Dolphin but I was wondering where is a good place to get plugins for it and are there any D3D plugins or is it only OpenGL? Also any tips on getting Metroid Prime to run faster would be much appreciated!

My specs are-
GFX: 2x HIS IceQ HD4850 running in Crossfire (Crossfire disabled on Dolphin due to constant BSOD)

P.S. Any suggestions from anyone using a similar system and Metroid Prime would be much appreciated!

Dolphin comes with all the Plugins you'll need; with the exception of the LLE audio plugin, which must be dumped from your Wii. Besides, LLE is still VERY experimental so you WILL NOT get better performance with it at the moment...

If you would like to use the Direct3D plugin, go to "Options > Configure..." and select the "Plugins" tab. Click the "Graphics" dropdown menu and select the Dolphin Direct3D9 plugin. You can click the "Config..." button on the right and adjust the settings as you see fit.

Now as far as getting Metroid Prime to run faster... well, uhh. Join the party. Currently M.P. and the rest of the series is running (almost) perfectly. However, due to the fact that the M.P. series has such astounding graphics, emulating these graphics quickly becomes a very CPU-intensive task. You can check out the dedicated thread over in Game Discussion. Overall, the current status is something like this: people with lowish-end dual cores and mid-level graphics cards are getting roughly the same FPS as those who are running very high-end hardware. It's simply a matter of Dolphin's code needing further optimization.
if the plugins don't show up it's mostly a problem of not up to date directx.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
(03-15-2010, 05:26 AM)Bananaman Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2010, 01:59 AM)Fridgemusa Wrote: [ -> ]I love Dolphin but I was wondering where is a good place to get plugins for it and are there any D3D plugins or is it only OpenGL? Also any tips on getting Metroid Prime to run faster would be much appreciated!

My specs are-

Dolphin comes with all the Plugins you'll need; with the exception of the LLE audio plugin, which must be dumped from your Wii. Besides, LLE is still VERY experimental so you WILL NOT get better performance with it at the moment...

If you would like to use the Direct3D plugin, go to "Options > Configure..." and select the "Plugins" tab. Click the "Graphics" dropdown menu and select the Dolphin Direct3D9 plugin. You can click the "Config..." button on the right and adjust the settings as you see fit.

Now as far as getting Metroid Prime to run faster... well, uhh. Join the party. Currently M.P. and the rest of the series is running (almost) perfectly. However, due to the fact that the M.P. series has such astounding graphics, emulating these graphics quickly becomes a very CPU-intensive task. You can check out the dedicated thread over in Game Discussion. Overall, the current status is something like this: people with lowish-end dual cores and mid-level graphics cards are getting roughly the same FPS as those who are running very high-end hardware. It's simply a matter of Dolphin's code needing further optimization.

Yeah see I downloaded Dolphin from emulator-zone.com and it only has the OpenGL plugin! I downloaded the latest version of Dolphin from dolphin-emu.com but it couldn't load any of the plugins I was using on the previous version so I went back to using the one I downloaded from emulator-zone.com! I really like the njoy plugin by Falcon4ever so that is why I reverted back coz It wouldn't work with the latest build of Dolphin! Anyway maybe I'm doing something wrong so I might try the new build again and see if I can get it working! If I could just get Metroid Prime to run in Dolphin with the Dual Core box ticked without it crashing I would be happy Angry Thanks for the reply by the way Smile
You didn't read the post above huh,update your directx Feb 2010
Actually, you need to update the Visual C++ redist along with DirectX.
x86 download
x64 download
DirectX Feb 2010 redist
(03-15-2010, 09:35 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't read the post above huh,update your directx Feb 2010
I did read the post above and I did update DirectX and now it is working thanks!
Thanks everyone for your help I updated my DirectX and could see the plugin show up in Dolphin after the update and WOW it is so much faster than the OpenGL plugin! I'm getting on average 30FPS now and a max of 59FPS! Compared to how slow the OpenGL plugin was running it feels like I'm playing at chipmunk speed LOL Big Grin