Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: my system specs and dolphin :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
greetings,
i'm a newbie in dolphin emu,
my system (well, laptop in fact) specs are;

CPU core 2 duo T5800 2.0 GHz
RAM 3 GB ddr2
GRAPHIC nVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS VRAM 512 MB ddr2 (i think)
OS Win7 32 bit

i get, well, about 80% speed on Gamecube games (sunshine, double dash) and crappy speeds with Wii games
can you tell me is this laptop well suited for Gamecube and Wii games, show me some configurations or so about it, plugins, or smth like that, I'm a newbie Smile

THNX in advance
I got similar computer and this is probably as much as you get. I got a 100% on a few Wii and GC games, some are running around 80% and some are unplayable, but just be aware that some games are slow because of emulation issues.
The best you can do for the settings is.

Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Set safe texture cache to fast.
Copy EFB to Texture and not Ram (Some games need it to RAm)
Frame Limit OFF and not auto
Turn off everything in the HLE plugin except for the first one.
Wish my pc like that but it sucks being low end user worry about geting a pc when I move out lol... =/
hmmm, has anyone get full speed 100% on dolphin???

what are the system requirements for that???

does the emu get better results for NGC games that wii???

what are the best settings for highest speed???

is it possible in the future, the games to be fully playable (without having the need for monster PC)......strange is how the PC's hardware is far greater than NGC and Wii's ???

What NGC and Wii games get best spped performance???

And finally (lol) Big Grin thnx 4 reading this Big Grin
(03-15-2010, 07:00 AM)d_yor8 Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm, has anyone get full speed 100% on dolphin???

what are the system requirements for that???

does the emu get better results for NGC games that wii???

what are the best settings for highest speed???

is it possible in the future, the games to be fully playable (without having the need for monster PC)......strange is how the PC's hardware is far greater than NGC and Wii's ???

What NGC and Wii games get best spped performance???

And finally (lol) Big Grin thnx 4 reading this Big Grin

Because coding isnt right yet gotta code it like a gamecube just give it some time as for games at full speeds try configure it see whatchu get! :3
1. Yes some games run 100% some dont. the requirement for full speed is entierly dependant on the game. Its like saying whats the requirement to run a computer game, well... it depends a bit on the game.

2. Some GC games like baldurs gate for GC is demanding and i have no chance running it on full speed, but i can play New super mario bros wii on full speed.

3. Come on.. best setting for full speed is allready posted in this thread, why do you ask again????!!!

4. Well if its possible to run games fully playable in the future. Just wait i will ask the Dolphins forum magic 8ball. Hang on well,,... The future is unclear??? And about that the hardware is better on PC. It does not really work that way. First of all you are probably on windows so you are running that, then you are running dolphin that is a program that is telling your PC how a GC or a Wii is working and then after all that is done you run the actual game. There are many chains of action and a million prosesses taking place before you get to seeing something on your screen.

5. Games for best speed is probably the ones you find here
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-6199.html

6. Please try and use the search function a bit more. Like the best settings if you look a bit around there is at least 2 people every week asking the same question so just try the search function. If you can not find the awnser you are looking for then you can post.
I have a Toshiba L-505 and it's a Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz Processor with some Mobile 4 chipset card something or another. With certain settings I get sound and video but can't get it to play the games. And other settings, the video doesn't show but the game seems to be working. I think it's my video card. Let's face it, I way too new to this stuff. Sad

Any possible solution other than a new computer or trying to replace the card which would probably cost as much as getting the right system?
(03-26-2010, 02:46 AM)black5tar2007 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Toshiba L-505 and it's a Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz Processor with some Mobile 4 chipset card something or another. With certain settings I get sound and video but can't get it to play the games. And other settings, the video doesn't show but the game seems to be working. I think it's my video card. Let's face it, I way too new to this stuff. Sad

Any possible solution other than a new computer or trying to replace the card which would probably cost as much as getting the right system?

Did you try to use DX9? If not you should try to use it!
(03-26-2010, 04:39 AM)Killersnake432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 02:46 AM)black5tar2007 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Toshiba L-505 and it's a Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz Processor with some Mobile 4 chipset card something or another. With certain settings I get sound and video but can't get it to play the games. And other settings, the video doesn't show but the game seems to be working. I think it's my video card. Let's face it, I way too new to this stuff. Sad

DX9? I know a little bit of Spanish, but that sounds like Russian to me. I'm a newbie to this thing, and just found a Dolphin Emulator that works and shows the graphics. Please do inlighten me as to what DX9 is, so that I might have more reason to praise. Smile

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion.
(03-28-2010, 02:40 AM)black5tar2007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 04:39 AM)Killersnake432 Wrote: [ -> ]

DX9? I know a little bit of Spanish, but that sounds like Russian to me. I'm a newbie to this thing, and just found a Dolphin Emulator that works and shows the graphics. Please do inlighten me as to what DX9 is, so that I might have more reason to praise. Smile

Oh, and thanks for the suggestion.
dx9 is directx 9 or direct3d9 in dolphin plugin settings choose that..if it doesn't appear update directx
Pages: 1 2