Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin does not want to open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lo55

I have an old pc (xp sp3), so i downloaded 32bit version of dolphin, but when i open it, i get:

[Image: fadsfa.png]

for test purpose i tried also 64bit version and i get "not valid application etc etc".

What can i do? I want to play wario world game for gamecube Sad
without telling us your pc specs no one can help

Lo55

amd sempron 2400+
nvidia geforce fx 5200
1.67ghz, 512mb ram
xp prof. sp3
Ok,update directx Feb 2010 to use "Directx 9 plugin" in dolphin config,update graphic driver to use "opengl plugin" and if you don't interest to config dolphin ,just download my config in my sig below(copy "dolphin-user-gameconfig" and paste to the same location),that "wario world" must disable "dual core" to play,try many game as you can,do your best!
EDITBig Grinownload "CPUZ" check your CPU can support SSE2 atleast(important,without SSE2 sorry can't run dolphin)
Yeah his CPU probably doesn't support SSE2..

You might as well forget Dolphin and PCSX2 altogether until you either buy or build a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements to run Dolphin, even if you could get anything running it would be really slow like trying to run in interpreter mode and not enjoyable the least bit.

Buy anything made within the last 2 - 3 years, avoid integrated Intel graphics like the plague and choose ATI or Nvidia and you should be all set, as it is you likely are not going to be able to run Dolphin on your current system or run it well enough for it to be viable enough to play any games.

His video card is not up to par either, the MX/FX series simply is not compatible with Dolphin. Firstly the MX series lacks shaders whatsoever, the FX series doesn't properly support Shader Model 2.0. FX cards had the poorest implementation of SM 2.0, many games that required SM 2.0 either didn't work or weren't rendered properly and had corrupted graphics.

Lo55

I already have directx 9 updated, i have inserted your config.
This is the screen of cpux.
Dolphin not run.

[Image: fadfa.png]
(03-14-2010, 02:18 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah his CPU probably doesn't support SSE2..

You might as well forget Dolphin and PCSX2 altogether until you either buy or build a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements to run Dolphin, even if you could get anything running it would be really slow like trying to run in interpreter mode and not enjoyable the least bit.

Buy anything made within the last 2 - 3 years, avoid integrated Intel graphics like the plague and choose ATI or Nvidia and you should be all set, as it is you likely are not going to be able to run Dolphin on your current system or run it well enough for it to be viable enough to play any games.

His video card is not up to par either, the MX/FX series simply is not compatible with Dolphin. Firstly the MX series lacks shaders whatsoever, the FX series doesn't properly support Shader Model 2.0. FX cards had the poorest implementation of SM 2.0, many games that required SM 2.0 either didn't work or weren't rendered properly and had corrupted graphics.
Ah ok, I'll get a GameCube emulator for my wii and i'll play gamecube games from my wii directly Smile
Yeah as thought your CPU doesn't support SSE2 and your graphics card isn't adequate enough for Dolphin. If you already own the actual system, I'd stick to playing on that instead unless you can afford an expensive upgrade that will likely cost yourself more than a Wii and even a PS3.

No need for an emulator if you own a Wii (there isn't even a Gamecube/Wii emulator available for the Wii as it would be pointless), the Wii can already play both Gamecube and Wii games out of the box.