Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mobile Chipsets D3D???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SickPuP

I know mobile graphics chipsets are not the best for this but the Intel GM965 says it can handle DX10. However, I get only OpenGL and Software from the graphics options. The chipset does not support OpenGL and the D3D plugin is not available. I suggest we do not hide plugins and let the users pick and fail if necessary. The OpenGL one actually crashes the application after the error message. Anyone know how to get D3D to work with mobile chipsets?
(03-12-2010, 01:40 PM)SickPuP Wrote: [ -> ]I know mobile graphics chipsets are not the best for this but the Intel GM965 says it can handle DX10. However, I get only OpenGL and Software from the graphics options. The chipset does not support OpenGL and the D3D plugin is not available. I suggest we do not hide plugins and let the users pick and fail if necessary. The OpenGL one actually crashes the application after the error message. Anyone know how to get D3D to work with mobile chipsets?

Install DirectX.
Microsoft.com Direct X Downloads.

DirectX End-User Runtime is what you want. At the top of the list.

Also make sure that you have the proper D3D9/D3D plugin for Dolphin.

SickPuP

(03-12-2010, 01:47 PM)dukelive Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2010, 01:40 PM)SickPuP Wrote: [ -> ]I know mobile graphics chipsets are not the best for this but the Intel GM965 says it can handle DX10. However, I get only OpenGL and Software from the graphics options. The chipset does not support OpenGL and the D3D plugin is not available. I suggest we do not hide plugins and let the users pick and fail if necessary. The OpenGL one actually crashes the application after the error message. Anyone know how to get D3D to work with mobile chipsets?

Install DirectX.
Microsoft.com Direct X Downloads.

DirectX End-User Runtime is what you want. At the top of the list.

Also make sure that you have the proper D3D9/D3D plugin for Dolphin.

Funny how Windows 7 is fully ready for DirectX but you still need to install the runtimes to have it detected. Thanks