Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin.exe found a problem and need to be closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Khorino

I get this message when I try to open Dolphin.

I have an Windows XP SP3, both DirectX and C++ libraries up to date, and I tried this SVN: 2962, 2195 and 3003.

I also have an AMD Athlon XP 2.4 GHz, ATI Radeon 9550SE (with Omega Drivers) and 786 MB RAM.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Chemial

Lmfao, NOBODY ever replies to these posts. I made one myself and then spent like hours struggling to make sure I got everything correct. Turns out, I never updated my VIDEO DRIVER. Make sure you go to ATI's site (I use ATI Radeon 1200)
and update your driver.

This is a 100% accurate fix to your problem (assuming you have directx 9 sdk installed) Make sure it's directx9 sdk, not the other web-install one. (The SDK takes longer to install)

Hope you get it fixed, I was so happy when I fixed mine! =D
Sorry but you can't run Dolphin on an Athlon XP.. Not only does it lack dual core which means that you'll get piss poor speeds as the Athlon XP is based on 5+ year old architecture, it also lacks the required SSE2 instruction set that Dolphin needs in order to run and boot games.

Sorry but you'll have to upgrade your CPU, and likely your entire system if you want to run dolphin and run it acceptably with decent performance.