Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!I've this emulator,dolphin R 5186 and my computer has these characteristics:
OS windows 7 utlimate ram 2gb video card ati radeon hd 4800 processor intel pentium iv 3.21 ghz I follow your instructions to configurate the emulator but when I run some games (Mario kart wii) at the beginning it seems ok but when the race starts it run really slow
i hope you can help me UndecidedUndecidedUndecided
pentium 4 is not a good cpu to run dolphin on, no matter what you do, you will not get good speeds, you're lucky you can run dolphin.

maybe some cg games could run i dono.
Set framelimiter to off, use the D3D plugin ... if you want real help post your settings and we'll tell you what to change.

Pentium 4 is weak, though.
I have to change my Pentium IV...

Sorry for my english, i speak Spanish and italian
yep pentium 4 sorry but i dont think you can play games at full speed too old and if you have to buy one i suggest you phenom2 x4 955 or 965 price and overall many new pc game require big cpu gta4 before i got amd x2 5000 and i was not able to increase graphic more 1280 1024 with my engtx260 896meg top sp 216
i was lag now since all game full graphic 2048 1536 no more lag
if you buy a dual core you will regret cause all new game comme with minimum spec very high mass effect2 , crysis gta4 support 3 and 4 core

ps dont think i dont like intel but they just to expensive for what they do [/b]
Gracias, muchas gracias!
Remember, to upgrade cpu, you also need new motherboard. Even with bios update, it is impossible to upgrade pentium IV processor by purchasing core 2 duo or higher & inserting it in the socket. It will fit but there will be a bitter disappointment because BIOS can't recognise it.