Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Confused about my system and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there just recently started using dolphin. I heard that luigis mansion works perfectly so i tried it out and I'm getting alot of slow downs, then I tried Metroid Prime which I know needs alot of CPU.

The confusing thing is, my system isn't that bad, at least I don't think it is.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 425 2.70 Ghz
RAM: 3 gig
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9200

Also I have been checking the specific game threads for the optimal settings. Am I doing something wrong or does my system just fail?
It's all about the settings you're using with Dolphin. Post all the configs and settings that are currently set with the emulator.
(03-11-2010, 09:53 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the settings you're using with Dolphin. Post all the configs and settings that are currently set with the emulator.

Okay these are my settings after having seting them up for Luigis mansion. I was getting about 40-50% normal running speed during game.

Didn't wanna type out all the info so I just took some screencaps

[Image: dolphinsettings.jpg]
Looks like you're using an old version of Dolphin. Try this. http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.liv...=463620820

Also, use the DX9 video plugin.
Try these settings with the DX9 plugin.

[Image: 99402582.jpg] [Image: 94562333.jpg]
You are a god send, games are running amazingly now! Although Luigis mansion is showing some weird pixelation...

Now if only I could get the tirggers to work properly on my ps3 controller it'd be perfect.
Just mess around with some settings and see if it helps or hurts anything. Some games may need to have other settings used and may run better. Experiment.
(03-11-2010, 11:43 AM)Xuiryus Wrote: [ -> ]You are a god send, games are running amazingly now! Although Luigis mansion is showing some weird pixelation...

Now if only I could get the tirggers to work properly on my ps3 controller it'd be perfect.

I've tried sony dualshock 3 controller for dolphin, and it worked, though it took tedious tweaking. Did you config it via glovepie, libusb, etc.. It's an issue which could be corrected if you post further info.