Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Beyond Good and Evil problem sound!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to solve the problem of sound in the game Beyond Good and Evil for Game Cube. The sound works but sometimes crashes or does not come out right.
(03-11-2010, 06:42 AM)elmarcao Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to solve the problem of sound in the game Beyond Good and Evil for Game Cube. The sound works but sometimes crashes or does not come out right.

are you sure you've read the rules of posting? the answer is most likely no, because if you had read them, you would have know to include some key information in your post. the two most significant of which would be your hardware specs as well as which revision of Dolphin you're using.

Without this information, it is very difficult for ANYONE to help you.

On a side note, (as you may or may not know) Beyond Good and Evil is also available as a PC game. Regardless of your hardware's speed, you will get significantly better performance by running the game in it's native environment rather than an emulated one.
Sorry the review is 5160. My system is a Phenom X3 2.8, 4gb ddr2 667, Geforce 9600 GT 1 GB DDR3 Windows Seven and 64-bit. Thank you.
@ Bananaman: Well, in its first right, this is not a gamer's forum but an emulation forum, so even if he had the game on PC (if not, I guess it might be hard to still find it), it's legitimate for him to ask emulation-related questions.

@ elmaecao: When have you started trying the game on dolphin and how well does it now work for you except for the sound issue? Because I always thought this (wonderful) game didn't really work with dolphin. But I remember something wrong there.
To your sound issue: That sounds like inaccurate sound emulation. HLE is still not perfect and in some games, unfortunately it shows. There's nothing you can do about it but wait and hope it'll get improved over the time. You might try to un-/check some of the settings in HLE plugin or deactivate dual core and/or idle skipping, but I don't think that'll help.
Hey, elmarcao I recently some success with fixing sound problems when i was experimenting with different settings within Metroid Prime 2. Although this is obviously a different game, I'm fairly curious about whether the same solution may work for other titles. So try this out if you're willing to, but be warned, it IS a long shot. (and is almost guaranteed to have adverse effects on stability and FPS.)

try using different combinations between the following settings:
-"HLE the IPL"
-"Lock threads to cores"
-"throttle audio"
and finally, try switching between the JIT recompiler and the JITIL recompiler for the above combinations.

Again, I'd be very interested in any results you get.