Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Various Games and Configurations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#FF0000]Firstly a huge thanks. Amazing work by the devs and an amazing community too.[/color]

I thought I would make a thread posting my own experiences with Dolphin and the builds and configurations Im using to play a few games. Hopefully people will be able to leave there own comments and configs and we can build up a nice thread. I know there is already an official game thread but some seem based on older builds and have become hugely bloated with hundreds of pages to wade through.

Im also aware there are people with far more knowledge regarding Dolphin than me, and Im sure alot of the settings I use have little or no impact on newer builds. I am just letting people know how I have mine setup and whats working for me.

Im going to try and keep things as nice and tidy as possible and mainly focus on some of the more popular titles.

First up my current specs:

AMD 6000+ X2 Clocked @ 3.2Ghz
2GB DDR2
PNY 8800GT 512MB

[color=#1E90FF]
GAMES[/color]

[color=#FF0000]GC:

The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker (PAL)[/color]

Using Orleans Build x64 5152

Settings:

Dual Core (Y)

Enable Idle Skipping (Y)ds

Unlimited Jit Cache (Y) -This prevented crashes for me on previous builds. Havent tried without

Framelimit (Auto) -Without this enabled Im getting 80+ FPS in dungeons.

JIT recompiler or JITL -havent seen a difference myself between the two.

Using Direct3D

Render to Main Window (Y)

Enable CPU-> EFB access (Y)

Safe Texture Cache (Normal)

EFB Scaled Copy (Y)

Enable EFB Copy (To Texture)

Getting a solid 20-30 fPS on Islands
Getting full 30 FPS in Dungeons

Havent fully tested but am about 50% through the main game. I still cant get the pictograph to work without Dolphin crashing!

[color=#FF0000]
Resident Evil (NTSC)
[/color]

Using Orleans Build 5152 x64

Settings:

Dual Core (Y)

Enable Idle Skipping (Y)

Unlimited Jit Cache (Y) -This prevented crashes for me on previous builds. Havent tried without

Framelimit (Auto)

JIT recompiler

DSP

ALL ON INCLUDING RES0 Audio Hack - Seems to work fine without too. But cant tell when music is supposed to kick in.

Using Direct3D

EFB Scaled Copy (Y)

Enable EFB Copy (To Texture)

Getting Stable 15-30 FPS Fully Playable for me. Cutscenes also seem to run fine although Im only 10 mins into the game. No problems so far.

[color=#FF0000]Metroid Prime (PAL)[/color]

Using Orleans Build 5152 x64

Settings:

Dual Core (Y)

Enable Idle Skipping (N)

Unlimited Jit Cache (N)

Framelimit (Auto)

JIT recompiler

Using Direct3D

EFB Scaled Copy (Y)

Enable EFB Copy (To Texture) -The scanner never used to work if setting this to texture, however it appears to work with either now with no loss in FPS for me. However the scanner will appear distorted if set to ram so best left to texture.

Have played through the entire first section of the game and defeated the first boss without any problems at all.
My FPS was fluctuating alot, anywhere between 18-40 FPS depending on the detail on screen. However setting frameskip to 1 still seemed fairly smooth.

I am posotive that previous builds gave better performance for me with this game. I shall go back and test with earlier builds soon.

[color=#FF0000]Metroid Prime 2:Echoes[/color]

Enable Dual Core (N) -If enabled the game will freeze before getting to the menu, just black screen.

Enable Idle Skipping (Y)

Jit Recompiler (Y)

Using Direct3D

EFB Scaled Copy (Y)

Enable EFB Copy (To RAM) -Scanner will not work if set "To Texture"

Seems on par with Metroid Prime performance wise. Maybe a little faster in general. Havent had much time to play through but seems pretty damn stable so far. Again Im sure older builds yielded better performance so will go back and test on earlier builds as with Metroid Prime.

[color=#1E90FF]I will continue testing............UPDATED SOON![/color]
I'd put framelimit to 60-90 in WW instead of auto, but that's just a matter of preference. It tends to go a bit too slow especially outdoors and in large maps with auto.