Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Got a Dumb Question for You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got a Intel Centrino Duo 1,6 Ghz 2050 prosessor.
What i wonder is do a single core 3 Ghz+ prosessor work better then a low end Dual Core?
Depends on architecture too. Operating frequency alone tells nothing... A 1.6ghz mobile i7 processor is more efficient at stock speed than a pentium 4 clocked to 4.0ghz.

Dolphin slightly benefits from dual core, so if you enable it in options you could gain some FPS despite the processor being somewhat old.
I saw a bench mark test that scored my 1.6 Ghz Intel Centrino Duo 2050 Higher then the Pentium 4. I just dont know if Dolphin take advantage of that. I have a lot of games that I run at full speed and glory to the people behind Dolphin for that, but I stuggle with SSBM because im running at like 75% and i saw someone saying that they could run it almost full speed on a Pentium 4.

Im getting Windows 7 64bit to see if i can get a couple of frames more in Baldurs Gate where im running on 15 of 30. If i can get 20 I will be satisfied Smile
Centrino Duo T2050 is not a 64-bit supported CPU. It's an OEM version which only supports x86 architecture (32-bit).
(03-10-2010, 01:46 AM)Johnblunt Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a bench mark test that scored my 1.6 Ghz Intel Centrino Duo 2050 Higher then the Pentium 4. I just dont know if Dolphin take advantage of that. I have a lot of games that I run at full speed and glory to the people behind Dolphin for that, but I stuggle with SSBM because im running at like 75% and i saw someone saying that they could run it almost full speed on a Pentium 4.

Im getting Windows 7 64bit to see if i can get a couple of frames more in Baldurs Gate where im running on 15 of 30. If i can get 20 I will be satisfied Smile

Sorry, but as Ocean already mentioned, your processor won't support 64-bit, so don't bother with upgrading to it. Remember, x64 software doesn't just magically increase performance on any platform. If you're looking for a cheap performance upgrade, try upgrading your RAM if you haven't already.
Yeh you know what I just found out that my self. Lame prosesscor!
I think its pretty much the only dual core with 32 bit.
My ram is allready full.
What i think is that I installed 4Gb, but if i understand correctly the max support on the motherboard is 3GB. I dont understand how this work because i got 2 * 2Gb Ram pieces and it only takes advantage of 3 of it. Anyway Im not shure about this.

cmccmc

thats because your on a 32bit os
It reads 3Gb in the BIOS?
What he means is that the max ram you can use on a 32-bit OS is 3GB. If you were to change to a 64-Bit OS (but you can't, not with that processor) then it would recognize the 4GB and higher.

cmccmc

actually for me it used to detect 3.2GB but if it only detects 3 in the bios it's because your cpu is 32bit only
Pages: 1 2