Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin emulator with guitar hero question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i am new here and i just wanted to know if its possible to use a usb guitar hero controller with a guitar hero iso on the wii smash hits for example. if possible can some one tell me what i need to do it like programs i may need and if i don't need a program then plz tell me how this can be done thanks.
If you have the drivers properly installed and the guitar shows up as a game controller in windows, it should work fine in Dolphin.
um... yeah my computer detects the guitar controller but its still doesnt work also im trying to use a 360 rockband controller if that helps any but i figured u knew that since there are no wii usb guitar controllers i dont think... sorry for not being clear
bump.... maybe i should forget the wii emulator and get a ps2 one cause this sucks u cant even hook up a guitar to play with guitar hero?!?!?!? gay...
(03-08-2010, 02:07 PM)majinvegeta123 Wrote: [ -> ]um... yeah my computer detects the guitar controller but its still doesnt work also im trying to use a 360 rockband controller if that helps any but i figured u knew that since there are no wii usb guitar controllers i dont think... sorry for not being clear
bump.... maybe i should forget the wii emulator and get a ps2 one cause this sucks u cant even hook up a guitar to play with guitar hero?!?!?!? gay...

I would think it should work fine as long as you setup all the button mappings in the wiimote config.
i tryed to set the buttons like u said but it only works with the key pad not the controller help plz

Nvm i got it..

xion555

So yeah I had the same issue but if you go into wiimote settings and configure an emulated wiimote then go to extension you should be able to select guitar and map your buttons from there. I have to say it works well but getting a game to run at full speed is damn near impossible. If anyone has any suggestions on how to accomplish this please let me know thx