Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FBManager Create Fail: Depth Color Texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm bumping this because I'm having the exact same problem and it started for no apparent reason. I downloaded Dolphin 2 days ago, played MarioKart Wii for atleast 4-5 hours with no problems. I set the graphics settings to the best possible for my rig and get above 60fps. Yesterday I changed some settings like using the JitIL experimental recompiler, however I've since restored all my settings to what was working 2 days ago. I do have a Nvidia 275GTX however, and it seems to be a consistant theme amongst people with this problem. I use DirectX because OpenGL does not run fast enough or at all.

Anyone come up with a solution to this, I see above a link to another thread which did not help me at all.
hey, are you enable CPU -> EFB access?. because tick off this in Direct3D plugin properties or enable, cause that issue in my PC.
Ok, I updated DirectX to the february 2010 update they release and I also updated my nvidia drivers to the newest which came out 2 days ago. This did not fix the problem. I deleted the dolphin folder and all it's contents and re-downloaded, fixed all settings to their previous and like magic. I have no errors in the 3 games I have for it. anyone care to figure that one out? something must have got changed in settings file some how?
(03-28-2010, 02:07 PM)flukeSG2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm bumping this because I'm having the exact same problem and it started for no apparent reason.

I do have a Nvidia 275GTX however

This problem exclusively happens to nvidia users and some random integrated cards.
(03-28-2010, 08:00 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 02:07 PM)flukeSG2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm bumping this because I'm having the exact same problem and it started for no apparent reason.

This problem exclusively happens to nvidia users and some random integrated cards.

I'd wager at least 50% of users are Nvidia users, so is there someone looking into the cause of the problem, or how it magically fixes by a reinstall? It's gotta be something in the settings, something I changed and even when I changed the setting back the problem persisted.
(04-03-2010, 12:57 PM)flukeSG2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 08:00 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd wager at least 50% of users are Nvidia users, so is there someone looking into the cause of the problem, or how it magically fixes by a reinstall? It's gotta be something in the settings, something I changed and even when I changed the setting back the problem persisted.
It mostly happens in nvidia GTX users, I will make thread with a poll to see how many members have it
You guys should disable panic handlers from the general configuration if you haven't already. All the panic handlers option does is pop up a bunch of warning and error messages that have no effect on emulation most of the time, then crash Dolphin. You shouldn't be having any problems with your graphics cards and this sounds like an error/issue that panic handlers would generate when enabled.
(04-04-2010, 03:03 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You guys should disable panic handlers from the general configuration if you haven't already. All the panic handlers option does is pop up a bunch of warning and error messages that have no effect on emulation most of the time, then crash Dolphin. You shouldn't be having any problems with your graphics cards and this sounds like an error/issue that panic handlers would generate when enabled.

True it helps in some situations, but after all, panic handlers only show what is wrong with the client. It doesn't actually affect gameplay in any way.

When this specific error happens, the screen just turns black but the sound plays, even with PH disabled I tried a ton of settings and wasted probably over an hour, only to figure out it's something with DX9 that the card just can't render properly.

edit- Had to use OpenGL in those situations (boss battles in SMG for example) to fix it.

mewgamer

it would only work if you use openGL choose opengl then click configure then'advanced'and choose legend of zelda twilight princess bloom hack
Isn't this the depth texture error created by r4599's implementation of depth textures
Pages: 1 2 3