Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL messes my screen + Zelda Wind Waker Fps question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people! I got two problems that most likely are connected to each other... (?)

[1] I just recently updated my graphics card driver and after that, when I use the OpenGL plugin, the screen in Dolphin just goes crazy... I see only some sort of pink and black stuff and weird symbols and something else, only thing that works is the sound/music.

[2] I am trying to get The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker to work, and it almost does already..
When I am inside a house or a cave, I get a working percentage of something like 230% (fps 70 or something) and it's great to see it's so fast. Then if I go outside, the percentage lowers to 70-85%... This is very annoying as I can't really play it if it's that slow..

I'm not sure is it my settings or my computer so:

My settings are in this image:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1898/settingsp.png

and I have:

Windows XP Service pack 3
AMD Athlon 5000+ Dual Core
GeForce 8600GT
2GB of RAM

Thanks. Blush
try to set framelimit to auto or 30
Maybe it would work faster if I changed some settings or bought more RAM? Someone? Sad
I use all same settings as you, except enabled vsync and set framelimit at 60. That resulted in stable fps. Without framelimiter, game would go up to like 1000% speed in houses.

Wouldn't say it's your hardware problem, though the processor can be a bit of a bottleneck. Try a recent, 5000+ revision too.
I've been testing some other builds but I can't really get it faster... BTW I can't use OpenGL at all in any version because of what I said in the first post... Any ideas to get that fixed? :/
Sounds like faulty graphics card drivers, or so it seems.
Are you sure you didn't just downgrade them?

Also, theres the DirectX9 Plugin which might work faster.
okay first off, what driver version were you using before and what did you upgrade to? Also, a few screenshots of the broken OpenGL plugin would be helpful. Did the OpenGL plugin ever work properly for you in other games?

Now as far as Wind Waker goes, did you have it working properly prior to installing the new drivers, or did these problems occur after the driver update?