Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Crashes Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to fix this myself but was unable; although confused by what people were saying about builds and what not even though I tried reading up on it to find out what they were and how I could use them to fix mine I was unable to find a post or comment about them. I also attempted many fixes given by users saying they can run Metroid Prime Easily and tried to replicate it but it gave no return.

So, here is my problem I load up Metroid Prime it runs great at menu always constant fps at max and i start a game it goes into the first cut scene in space and tells about a distress signal at Talon IV and begins to turn to a space station of some sort shows a bridge and crashes. I have tried many fixes and still could not pass this part.

My pc is more then qualified I have an i7 quad core with 2.66ghz, Ati Radeon hd 4890, Asus i7 x58 motherboard, 6gb reaper memory 1600mhz, using Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit all of my drivers are correctly installed and up to date I have no viruses and any other sorts of problems with any of my other games if that matters.

I have other games working on my Dolphin such as Zelda the Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and some others I cannot remember. If someone could just tell me what to do and how I can be helped or at least point me in the right direction and explain how to do something about it; I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance and if this topic gets closed for some reason because a topic like this is already up I'm sorry because I could find no solutions for a crash like mine or anyone that has had one like mine.
I have the european Gamecube version of the first Metroid Prime and it works fine (I haven't played more than 10 minutes though)

Go the iso's properties and post a screenshot of the "Info" tab. Also, make sure all overrides are off (all checkboxes should be filled,not checked or empty)
[Image: metprimeq.png]
Errr... I don't have any info tab on it or any check boxes..I hope this was what you were looking for.
!!!

I meant in Dolphin's game list > properties :-D

This if the official thread btw :
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-24.html
Use those options for starters and use a recent build if you aren't already. At least r5115
[Image: 123eh.png]
Sorry, thought you meant the iso itself. And I read the link for a couple pages and couldn't find anything about setup just what the game is about and stuff like that.
Excellent, we have the same game version. Now, which revision are you using ? Make sure you have the D3D gfx plugin enabled and post your settings.
Metroid Prime needs Safe Texture cache enabled (on normal setting)
[Image: metroidsettings.png]
Not sure what revision is as I'm new to all of this but, so far this game is my only problem I hope these pics help.
That's an old revision. Get a newer one here
http://www.mediafire.com/orleans
That would explain a lot I downloaded right off the website so I thought it was up to date but now I have other problems. My Controller does not work now with this new plug-in and my fps is dropping I can probably solve the fps dropping because there are probably numerous topics on it but if someone can lead me to a new plug-in like the old one I had in my picture or tell me how to fix this one I'd appreciate it and would ask no more questions. :S