Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Disconnected(.com)

Hi everyone!
I'm new on this forum and I'm french, so my english can't be perfect, sorry. Anyway, I'd like to know if someone can already run Super Mario Galaxy on his dolphin version, because my iso looks good first, at the menu. Then it doesn't want to load the first world, it just freeze in a black screen. I saw on another forum a guy that had the same problem, he said that he found something to run the game, he disabled the dual core option in the config menu. I did it, and it ran. But the game is just unplayable, it is slow, and has bad graphics to. I've seen lot of people that actually can run the game almost perfectly, how do they do that? Does anybody has a special config or version of the emulator to play? Thank you to the creators for made dolphin emulator, by the way. I really appreciate, and thank to people who will answer me.
what are your pc specs?
Try checking " use panic handlers " and try dual core againg

if you get something like:

GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x%x).
"This means one of the following:
* The emulated GPU got desynced, disabling dual core can help
* Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug
* This really is an unknown opcode (unlikely)
* Some other sort of bug

Dolphin will now likely crash or hang. Enjoy." , cmd_byte)

then your only option is to disable dualcore. BTW, what rev are you using ?

Disconnected(.com)

I've got a quite good pc, with an Intel Core i5 CPU @2.67GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 220 GT Gfx, 6,00 GB RAM on W7 x64 version, with the SVN R 4771 dolphin rev. Actually, the graphics in game aren't so bad, and it' not so slow, but it's the first game that needs to disable Dual core, I found that strange. Maybe I'll need a better graphic card?
(03-04-2010, 03:55 AM)Disconnected(.com) Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a quite good pc, with an Intel Core i5 CPU @2.67GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 220 GT Gfx, 6,00 GB RAM on W7 x64 version, with the SVN R 4771 dolphin rev. Actually, the graphics in game aren't so bad, and it' not so slow, but it's the first game that needs to disable Dual core, I found that strange. Maybe I'll need a better graphic card?
nope , dolphin is CPU dependant no GPU dependant and bla bla bla

try the lastest revision from here http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html