Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: windows 7 or vista did the speed is really more faster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just go read few thread on the net and it say windows 7 have not a big difference between these 2 systeme ai use 64 bits thx for reply
Speed in Dolphin would be about the same probabaly. But windows 7 is a much better OS.
What about using a moded OS, like Windows 7 gamers or nvidia edition? Will the speed result be the same?
(03-04-2010, 02:04 AM)ironrush23 Wrote: [ -> ]What about using a moded OS, like Windows 7 gamers or nvidia edition? Will the speed result be the same?
Modded Windows OS? Such things exist?
(03-04-2010, 02:58 AM)Matoking Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2010, 02:04 AM)ironrush23 Wrote: [ -> ]What about using a moded OS, like Windows 7 gamers or nvidia edition? Will the speed result be the same?
Modded Windows OS? Such things exist?

Yea, I see people using the nvidia edition of windows 7 and gamers editiont. And they are suppose to improve gaming performance. So does modded OS's work for emulators?

cmccmc

well besides the fact that there illegal most of them will work depending on what they remove
I have XP, Vista and Win7, and performance wise XP is the fastest due to lack of unnecessary background processes, good architecture, but Windows 7 is not far behind.

The real bad apple in the bunch IMO, is Vista. It's the slowest OS I have tried in ages. That's not to say it's not usable; It's good for casual use. But even booting in Vista takes longer than in the other two options.
(03-04-2010, 06:46 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]I have XP, Vista and Win7, and performance wise XP is the fastest due to lack of unnecessary background processes, good architecture, but Windows 7 is not far behind.

The real bad apple in the bunch IMO, is Vista. It's the slowest OS I have tried in ages. That's not to say it's not usable; It's good for casual use. But even booting in Vista takes longer than in the other two options.

is people like you who has given a bad reputation to vista, I tried both (vista and 7), and belive me, sometimes i get more speed on 7 and sometimes i get more speed on vista, and in the booting part, i get similar results on both (the problem with vista is not the speed). I might do a video about it.

cmccmc

vista just got a bad rep because they redesigned the core and at the beginning alot of programs weren't compatible. Vista does use slightly more memory than 7 but i would say there's only about a 10% difference in speed
I've recently jumped from winxp x32 to win7 x64, oh boy, there's a huge difference. Win7 x64 plays most of my games smoother and faster. I don't know about gamers editions but I think they're just a waste of time (or money), a plain PC well configured with decent hardware and a x64 OS should be sufficient.
Pages: 1 2