Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: the best amd overclock for amd fans i see i just wanna that stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
amd phenom 2 x4 965

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyCPkMv6Cso&NR=1

please say me were find that lol
7040mhz i still not understand double the frequency
AMD RULEZSmile

but..i think overclocking is stupid...(@quadcore CPU's) cause just a few software really use the power of quadcore...GTA4 for example. so its stupid to overclock it...(my opinion)

but for dual/singlecore CPU's its really nice
overclocked my old AMD sempron (few years ago) from 1.8Ghz to 2.4 Smile...that was nice=D
I recently tried overclocking my setup and was able to get a decent 10% OC but it used up a lot more power so I just pulled it back to default settings. Decided the performance gain I was getting wasn't worth having to pay more for electric usage.
I'm currently running my Q9505 @ 3.4Ghz (3.39 to be exact). Standard clock is 2.83Ghz. Planning to go higher Big Grin

And that's some beast overclocking O_O :3
I am sure with a decent PSU and a better cooling you can push that soab to 4Ghz easy! Even if as far as I know 3ghz is already great for anything

Depending on your mobo and ram too , they also need to take some new values in the face !
I overclocked to past 4.0ghz on noctua cooler, and it did squat all difference even in games like GTAIV or Crysis. According to fraps (not recording) the differences were like 2 to 3fps... Not worth it really. On dolphin and in some benchmarks it made a significant difference though.

But what to do with a benchmark score? It doesn't reflect any real world apps or games, except maybe Vegas video rendering or archive extracting etc..

What people should do more of is try to find ways to extreme cool video cards, unlock their bios and overclock them. It would likely make a much bigger fps difference. Though, it's understandable people overclock as a 'sport', using liquid nitrogen etc., just to see how far up they can push the frequency.
(03-04-2010, 12:13 AM)Necrogoth Wrote: [ -> ]AMD RULEZSmile

but..i think overclocking is stupid...(@quadcore CPU's) cause just a few software really use the power of quadcore...GTA4 for example. so its stupid to overclock it...(my opinion)

but for dual/singlecore CPU's its really nice
overclocked my old AMD sempron (few years ago) from 1.8Ghz to 2.4 Smile...that was nice=D

I think it's stupid to not overclock it. Things like rendering with maxwell would greatly benefit from overclocking. It takes several days to generate a clean image with maxwell. Shortening it through overclocking would be nice. Also, it's free performance.
yeah but i doubt many users here know what maxwell is Tongue I use renderman and i see huge performance boost with this cpu overclocked, but normal pc users really don't need overclocking...

ps: renderman > the rest Smile