Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSE 4.1 plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Say, when did these plugins pop up?

[Image: 0M8rS.png]

I don't remember seeing them until recently.
When I check them, the SSE 4.1 plugins don't have the Safe/Normal/Fast texture cache options.

Is it possible I've mistaken added plugins, after over-writing spellforce's 5149 Intel Compile, with Mamario's 5150 standard compile?
that or mamario is uploading the SSE4 builds from the sourcecode
who knows........
Well, here's something else interesting.

Free look is broken in my OpenGL plugin, you can zoom and pan, but you can't use your mouse to change the angle.
The OpenGL SSE4.1 plugin is fine though.
mamario build does not pull the build from the SSE4.1 branch.Normal svn checkout will skip the branch file and just add the svn number (example mamario's 5148 = mamario's 5149).
SSE4 branch added in svn 5124 so there will be only code before 5124 and will update only file that add to the branch.the svn add after 5124 in main trunk will not add to the branch so the new safe texture cache and other fix are not add too.
for now mamario's build will get nothing from the SSE4.1 brach this mean no SSE4.1 features unless he compile the branch and put SSE4.1 plugin to his normal build.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=5149 you can see the word branches here in 5149
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=5150 and you will see trunk here in 5130
So if i've understood (i'm french) mamario's builds are not made for core i7 users because it doesn't update dolphin for this sse4 features? isn't it? Which build already compiled can we download (for non programmers like me it will be easier than compile)
Actually, my Core 2 Duo E8600 supports SSE 4.1, it's not just core i7.
and Core 2 Quads and Extremes
Core 2 Duo E8XXX ---> SSE 4.1
Core 2 Quad Q8XXX+ ---> SSE 4.1
Core i3 /i5 /i7 -----> SSE 4.1 - 4.2

Salu2
OK, now we know the processors that are using sse4. Can you tell me so if i should download another build because mamario builds don't compile this sse4 feature?
Pages: 1 2