Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Whiterock

Currently, I'm trying to get Twilight Princess for the Gamecube to work. I just downloaded the thing a couple days ago, got Zelda, and saw an error message 'Error loading Plugins/Plugin_DSP_HLE.dll: can't find file' even though I look in the file and it's RIGHT THE FUCK THERE.

I'm getting other errors, too, clicking on various different buttons along the top. Also about plugins which are right in the folder.

Also, when going into the Plugins tab of the Config, nothing shows up like it does in the sticky. I get 4 empty drop-down boxes. I'm going to assume I need to download something, but confirmation never really hurt anybody. I tried to download Direct3D but it's being a pain in the ass right now.

Any help would be really appreciated. Sad

My Dolphin ver. is "Dolphin SVN R 3402" if I'm reading this correctly.
-----------------------------------
AMD Athlon 2 X4 630 Processor
2800 Mhz
4 Cores
4 Logical Processors
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
-----------------------------------
Go to SVN discussion and get newest revision

Whiterock

(03-02-2010, 06:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to SVN discussion and get newest revision

Thanks, it works now. Although very slow, I might add.

Edit: Fuck me. What I did before was take the Dolphin application out of it's folders and into the desktop. I did that with the one I just installed now, too. Luckily I figured out the problem just now.
slow because you don't enable EFB copy to texture and get SSE3 ,SSE4 for extra speed

Whiterock

(03-02-2010, 08:54 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]slow because you don't enable EFB copy to texture and get SSE3 ,SSE4 for extra speed

Where do I get 'SSE3-SSE4'?
(03-02-2010, 08:54 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]slow because you don't enable EFB copy to texture and get SSE3 ,SSE4 for extra speed

Dolphin doesn't make any use of the SSE3/4 extensions by default... Only in a certain branch or when using the Intel compiler.
(03-07-2010, 05:34 PM)Whiterock Wrote: [ -> ]

Where do I get 'SSE3-SSE4'?
SSE is an extension to the regular x86 instruction set. It allows for some operations to be processed much faster but requires support of your CPU. Your CPU supports SSE2 (which is needed for Dolphin to run at all), but doesn't support SSE3/4, but that doesn't actually matter here since Dolphin doesn't use any SSE3/4 features anyway.
Nevertheless, enabling EFB copy to texture should give you some nice performance boost.