Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Occasional decrease in fps (30 to 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

neoretix

Alright,

I was playing Baten Kaitos Origins with beautiful graphic, nice speed and cool battles. BUT, sometimes the speed decreases dramatically to 1 fps and I need to wait a few minutes for it to go back to normal (30 fps). This decrease in fps happens every few minutes and it's kindda depressing and spoiling all the fun. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Here are some spec of my com,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz
3071 MB RAM
32-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Thx again in advance.
This might not be the problem at all but... often when using dolphin and other programs my cpu gets too hot, automatically lowers the multiplier and significantly slows the game down for a few minutes until the cpu cools off a bit. So it could be an overheating issue.
Unexpected drops in performance are to be expected, because the amulation isn't perfect. Try to play with the settings, or just wait till the emulator is improved.

neoretix

Thx for the reply guys, I have found the solution ^^ it seems like the problem is not the emulator, it's my computer. The processor has gone nut I think....Problem solved when I turned off 'enable dual core'.
Could be hyper threading related, see if you can switch it off in your BIOS. Then try dual core again.
His processor doesn't have hyperthreading.

But generally it seems Dolphin's thread management has room for improvement.
(03-05-2010, 04:02 AM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]His processor doesn't have hyperthreading.

*reads AMD Athlon II X2*
*feels stupid*
*goes to a corner and cries*