Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[GC] Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
[attachment=2626]
About the game (IGN.com)
The Facts:
* Players run, punch, and fly through the skies controlling the one and only Superman in cartoon form
* Play through 14 levels to save the world from the sinister plans of Darkseid and Lex Luthor
* Battle other classic villains such as Livewire, Parasite, and Metallo
* Use super powers including flight, frost breath, x-ray vision, heat vision, super strength, and more
* Brand-new Superman story driven by more than 30 minutes of FMV cut-scenes
* Dialogue recorded using original voice actors from the animated series: Tim Daly as Superman, Malcom McDowell as Metallo, Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor, and more
* New GameCube-exclusive enhancements: secret playable characters, collectable items on each level, unlockable "Explore Metropolis" mode, improved boss AI, three difficulty settings, and an unlockable "Making of Superman" movie
* Fully licensed by DC Comics and Warner Bros
* Progressive Scan support
* 16:9 widescreen support

Emulation Status & Speed
* Gameplay seems to work fine (through first level)
* Sound OK
* Cinematic movies play fine

What does not work:
* No textures for characters (see screenshots)

Emulation Speed
* Fast, runs full speed no problem.

Additional Information
Tested with R5130, 32Bit Windows XP. I tried messing with every graphics setting, all the EFB texture checkboxes, tried OpenGL and D3D, but couldn't get the character textures to render. Maybe someone who knows more about tweaking settings could try?

Screenshots

[attachment=2629][attachment=2628][attachment=2631][attachment=2632]
Tried playing around with this again (r5459 this time). Still has the same issue of no textures on any of the characters or objects (like the cars or helicopters).

I tried it with the software rendering and the textures work that way (crawling along at about .3 FPS). So it must be some issue with the graphics plugins.

Anyone have any idea of graphics settings that might make the textures work? I've tried all the ones I could think of.