Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is the Wii doing during the white warning screen ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says, what's going on during all that time, is the Wii actually loading the game or is it just showing those screens ?

I haven't found a way to get rid of it in the real console, but what about in the emulator ?

P.S.: I have searched the forum and couldn't find any discussions for this, unless I used the wrong keywords.
It's just a warning for Wii gamers, nothing special
So, why isn't there a hack to skip it. Either on Dolphin or on softmodded Wii ?

For example, on Dead Space it's 20 seconds for the normal warning + 18 seconds the Zapper warning ...
I can usually get hundreds of FPS on them so they pass quiclky. If we had a speedup button it could do the trick for most people
Pressing A&B normally gets rid of them fast. Other than that, they are just part of the game. Nintendo had to put those warnings there so idiots who ended up hitting other people or ended up breaking their TV's didn't sue them.

I remember a time when people were so happy to see anything on-screen when Dolphin wasn't working very well and they would have loved to see those warnings on-screen, or anything else for that matter.
yep..... they just do it for safety.........
Holy crap, I never realized that pressing a button skips them ! Goddamn, lol !

your kidding right? Tongue
there isn't a hack like pcsx2 because the screen isn't part of bios iirc.
(03-01-2010, 09:26 AM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]there isn't a hack like pcsx2 because the screen isn't part of bios iirc.

Ya, in PCSX2 warning screen is inbuilt in the bios file which is loaded before starting the emulation of a game.

On Dolphin (and in the real Wii), the warning screen & wii menu options (when you press home button) are included in the game .iso file itself, even if they are most of the time identical, except with japanese games which can't be changed to english.
Pages: 1 2