Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is PAL better than NTSC (reason please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive seach alot and here what i know :

PAL= max fps is 50 (this is due to Europe tv or output which operate at less
that 60Hz)

NTSC= max fps is 60

so ofc 50 fps is better right if u have a slow pc. but i know something juz not right can u tell me what it is?

Arigatoo in advance Tongue
Some games NTSC not work with dolphin so we use Pal instead (sega tennis superstar for example).And Multi-language Pal(5 or 6) are better for those don't want to use English
Well, I don't know about the Hz. Dolphin has that PAL60 option, which I'm not sure what it does.
(02-28-2010, 07:11 PM)GodRays Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't know about the Hz. Dolphin has that PAL60 option, which I'm not sure what it does.

A little info, Hz stands for Hertz as a unit for Frequency, i dont how it operate on tv though Tongue
when i use that, mostly i get less than 60 fps and more at 50+ fps, maybe it work as frame limit for PAL

so, is there nothing different in graphic terms for both?
Most PAL games can be run both in 50 and 60 Hz, it's true that 50 Hz requires less frames per second, so you can run the games faster. I think in old games with sprite animations, the Hz difference actually meant that NTSC and PAL games ran at slightly different speed, but that's not the case anymore with easily adjustable 3D animations.
However in my oppinion, a 25 FPS game lags slithly on a 60 Hz screen (40% of the frames lasts for 1/20th of a second)
Does the PAL60 option give smoother gameplay or it doesn't matter ?

There should be a guide with explanation of all the options in Wii, by some developer who knows about it 100%.

For example, I don't understand what "DSPLLE on thread" does ... and if it has any effect when using the HLE sound plugin :-(
Where do you set the framerate ?
(01-18-2011, 01:18 PM)hypnotoad Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you set the framerate ?

The same place where all the other Dolphin settings are.
LOL. last place I thought to look. I thought it'd be more complicated than that. THX.
PAL-60 is the future pal standard, it offers frame compatibility with ntsc for better pullback, while offering the higher pal resolution and wider colour range.