Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Removing SVN code speed up emulation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few days ago "Googling" I found a REV modified named: "Dolphin Fixed". It was a SVN 708 modified by the autor.
The autor mentioned that he removed most of SVN code and some functions for plugins.
I tested it and its really fast, even on my computer but there is no sound =/.
So. Removing SVN code speed up emulation?
Leave you whit some screenshots.

[attachment=2614]
[attachment=2615]
well, 8fps isn't exactly fast... Can you compare with another build by mamario, xtreme2damax or spellforce? Link to this hack? Removing random things shouldn't make it faster. Optimizing it will though. It's "illegal" to have this kind of build because dolphin is under the gpl license.
*snip*
That thread is from 2008 although.
ON-topic: I know 8 FPS inst fast, but for some odd reason it runs fast on my Laptop, if you analyze the picture you will notice a red circle around 590 MHZ.
There is something even strange, when opening Dolphin it says SVN 708, but when loading a game it says SVN 704....
So....its illegal anyway?
Sorry for very bad english =(
He has to respect the GPL license, did he release the modified source code or only the binary ?

Anyway, he just mutilated some code and the sound (lol) to gain some cheap fps. Whatever ...
I would recommend to steer clear of these shady builds, not only do they violate the GPL license and aren't supported, the can also mess up your system.

I would not trust anyone with lack of respect for the GPL or any license, then releases modified builds without the accompanying source code. He/she/they could of very well injected a time bomb worm into the code and you wouldn't notice right away.

That is really some cheap hacks and is bound to cause more problems than it solves. Also these people tend to resort to cheap resource hacks or editing regardless of whether or no the source code is available. Modified builds that don't have the source code included are not supported on this forum, steer clear of any builds that have Extemum in it's name and other shady modified builds without the source code and a change log outlining the changes.
This violates the GPL *lock*