Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii-PAL] Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'am quite new to this , so this might not be the optimal settings , but I suppose I could share my settings with you.

I hope I didn't break any rules or offended anyone by opening this thread.
If theres a better config , or things to improve about this thread , i'll be happy to change my post.

[color=#FF0000]About[/color]:

[Image: racingh.jpg]
"The game is a mascot kart racing game, very similar to other games in its genre like Mario Kart, Konami Krazy Racers and Crash Team Racing. Characters race through various race circuits themed on different Sega franchises and collect power-ups to boost their speed or hamper their opponents."
-wikipedia
[color=#FF0000]Current Emulation Status (Dolphin r5133)[/color]:
Running smoothly , no graphic glitches , sound issues only in the intro.
FPS inbetween 18 and 40 , gamespeed ~ 50% to 72%.

While the game might not run on fullspeed , it is certainly playable , and at least for me , enjoyable aswell Smile.
FPS - Slowdowns don't change the gameplay in a drastic way , so it's pretty fun to play right now.

[color=#FF0000]Current Optimal Settings[/color]:
Currently running it on a Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83ghz
Geforce 260 GTX 896 MB
4GB noname ram.
Windows 7 64 bit.

Settings
For more FPS:
Enable EFB-Copy to texture , doing this the FPS will improve.
Though it does also add a lot of graphical glitches to the game.

DSP - Settings
[x] Enable HLE-Audio
[x] Enable DTK-Music
[] Enable Audio Throttle
[] Enable Re0 Audio Hack
Audio Backend
DSound
[Image: sonic_settingsgeneral.png]
[Image: sonic_settingswii.png]
[Image: sonic_settingsplugins.png]
[Image: sonic_settingsdx9.png]

[color=#FF0000]Additional Screen Shots or Videos[/color]:

[Image: sonic_menu.png]
[Image: sonic_game.png]

excuse my sloppy english , i'am quite the german guy Tongue
i have this message wii_ipc_hle:acl pool is full, something must be wrong
try setting enable efb copy to texture for a speed up.
(02-26-2010, 09:50 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]try setting enable efb copy to texture for a speed up.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would even have "Copy to RAM" enabled by default. All it does is slow things down (usually by around 10fps) and very few games actually need it.

Shin

(02-26-2010, 09:49 AM)karadaniano Wrote: [ -> ]i have this message wii_ipc_hle:acl pool is full, something must be wrong

I get this message too.
Hey, usually i understand it if problems appear in dolphin! But why dont you easily buy pc version, which even performs much better and more simple?!

KoC
I do have the wii game myself , and can play it smoothly on my wii anytime. Though i find it rather interesting to see how well ,recent games run with an excelent emulator such as Dolphin.
I must admit that the game is very addicting... ^^!
Davis thanks for posting this. Yesterday I've tried it with the latest build, but I was getting like 2fps... I'll have to re-try it using your settings :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4