Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Improve Real Wiimote patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very simple patch that makes dolphin detect disconnected wiimotes faster and auto-reconnect them (no confirmation window).

Im not sure how it negatively affects dolphin (which is why i think its not enabled by default) but im using it for some time and its working great.
The reason why you get the dialog all the time is because we cannot distinguish between accidental disconnects and disconnects on purpose (like, batteries dying, switch wiimote off to change em etc). The latter might drive Dolphin nuts, tryintg to reconnect a wiimote that either wont come back, or reconnecting a wiimote you dont want connected.

The timeout change in wiimote_real is interresting tho.
It's very good because I have a lot of accidental disconnects and sometimes it's too often !
But how do you apply this patch please ? With all revisions ? I have the r5135M Smile

valdor21

i'm wondering how you apply it as well
You have to compile it by yourself

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/WindowsBuild

After step 3 (before doing step 4) rigth click on folder you just created --> Tortoise SVN --> Apply patch
ok I'll see when I'll have the time (I haven't compile before, i'm a new), it will be very good Smile
If someone have already patch to a x64 revision I'll enjoy to try it ^^