Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: control my cursor on the screen with my mouse or with my wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

robin0van0der0vliet

i use a real wiimote but i don't have a sensor bar i can't buy one or make one can i play with my real wiimote and control my cursor on the screen with my mouse or even better can i control it with my real wiimote or a GlovePie Script
No, because cursor info comes directly from input of controller (wiimote). Dolphin can't have 2 data feeds at the same time (1 from emulated and 1 from real). The problem is, Wiimote can't send this data if there is no infrared sensor to determine where it's being pointed at. Sensor bar itself sends no kind of data, it just emits a light which is exploited by controller.

I had same problem as you in the beginning, so I bought wireless sensor bar for $8. It works good with dolphin.

Alternatively, a very popular trick online is to use two candles, roughly 20-30 cm away from each other on a level field in front of screen. As the flames really do emit infrared light, they can be used as a sensor bar. There are tutorials even on youtube (though it's pretty self-explanatory).

Youtube - Using two candles as a Wii Sensor Bar replacement

robin0van0der0vliet

is that not dangerous
I do not want that my computer screen burns
Well, lets say you placed them behind your keyboard, then accidently pushed it backwards and showed them under your screen, and didn't notice it. Would cause some burn damages in a matter of time, but you have to be pretty blind to let the screen catch fire before your eyes. So you have to ask yourself, not us, if such an accident could happen.
A sensor bar is cheaper than a chocolate, dude :-D

Get one.
(02-23-2010, 11:52 PM)robin0van0der0vliet Wrote: [ -> ]is that not dangerous
I do not want that my computer screen burns

I wouldn't use that technique unless presented with no other option, though I tested it just for fun once to see if it works (it did). It's just a cheap alternative if you don't have few bucks for a 3rd party sensor bar, or are currently in a small town where no retailer sells it etc...