Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to make it perfect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mister Epic

Hello there!

I'm a noob in Dolphin.

Here are my computer's specs.

Motherboard : Asus Rampage II Gene
Processor : Intel Core i7 920, 2800 Mhz (Quad-core)
Memory : 6 GB of DDR3 SDRAM, 1333 Mhz
Graphics : Two crossfired ATI Radeon HD 5870's. Each card has 1 GB of memory (GDDR5) and has a clock speed of 850 mhz. They also support DirectX 11.

On this computer, I could emulate Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (NTSC-U) using Dolphin SVN 4771 x64. It did really well! But I'm sure it can do better.

My goal is to play this game on a resolution of 1920x1080 and using MSAA 4x, at full speed (60 fps) and using the Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV fightpad. Yes, I'm upscaling the video! And I want good and sharp graphics.

I tried the OpenGL and the Direct3D 9 plugin. Both with a resolution of 1920x1080 and 4x MSAA. The OpenGL plugin made blurry ugly graphics and it went from 30 to 60 fps. The Direct3D 9 plugin made really good graphics, like I wanted, but it made the game freeze a bit frequently. It went from 50 to 60 fps.

No matter the plugins I use, there's a sound delay and I don't like it.

Thanks for the plugins to use the 360 controller! But I can't choose the buttons configuration.

So, I'm here to ask a few questions.

First, which plugins/softwares should I download/use to make sure my goal is reached? I'm sure my computer can do a beautiful work! Is there a DirectX10 or 11 plugin?

How should I configure those softwares/plugins according to my computer's specs?

How can I fix this sound delay?

How can I configure my controller's buttons?

Thanks for answering my questions.

By the way, I'm not, but almost, perfect in English.