Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Multiple wiimotes work ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

This looks great. However, googling I see most ppl saying only 1 wiimote works, but some saying 2 work and I couldnt see it in the facts and quesions section.

I just want to play some 2 player wii sports tennis with my GF.

Does this work with 2 wiimotes playing tennis just the same as a wii ?

(would like to know b4 I go and buy some wiimotes).

Thanks for any replys.
(02-19-2010, 06:11 PM)kormart Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

This looks great. However, googling I see most ppl saying only 1 wiimote works, but some saying 2 work and I couldnt see it in the facts and quesions section.

I just want to play some 2 player wii sports tennis with my GF.

Does this work with 2 wiimotes playing tennis just the same as a wii ?

(would like to know b4 I go and buy some wiimotes).

Thanks for any replys.
I am not testing so much becourse have only Wii Sports and Mario Brothers and just some days testing Dolphine. But Mario brother works defenitly with 2 Wiimotes! Already play it with two wiimotes.
Yes, I guarantee 100% 2 and more wiimotes work on sports, and also sports resort. As long as you assign each one individually to bluetooth devices without pairing code.

I would not even suggest emulated Wiimote if you have the real thing, because the plugin is flawless; It works just as on the real wii (only nunchuck is a bit too insensitive sometimes, but that's being worked on)

To avoid disappointment, I must point out the obvious before you go and buy motes: Remember to have bluetooth dongle for your usb port in order to get the wiimotes to work. Fortunately they are very cheap, even under $10 in some cases.
Great, thanks Ocean.

Wii tennis is the only game I want to play and didnt want to buy a wii system just for that.

The bluetooth dongle and 2 wiimotes will only set me back about $42 from China Smile

linuxguy

I am trying to do the same thing. i just bought 2 wiimotes from ebay (came from china) a wireless sensor bar and a cheap bluetooth adapter.

i properly synced one of the wiimotes and tested it out; worked fine (have to be far away to use properly; put on top of your screen and take a few steps back).

but then when i went to connect the other one it didnt work out for me (one time it did work but they were both going to sleep and needed dolphin to keep waking them up)

what i did (windows 7 x64):

put batteries in wiimote
did add new bluetooth device
held one and two on one wiimote
it synced to pc
then did add new bluetooth device again
then held one and two on the other wiimote
that synced (if they fail to sync i just try again and it eventually works)

then i open up dolphin and change both player one and player 2 to real wiimotes and click on the pair button but it is a no go. seems easy to get one to work but two isnt working so great for me. im using build 5063 (ya i know about svn snapshots)

is there something i am doing wrong? is this the normal process? should i just keep trying with other versions of dolphin till one works? two devices can both access the same bluetooth adapter right?

thanks for the help.
Hey Mate,

I dont even have a bluetooth dongle yet, but I saw a topic a few days ago with someone saying that some bluetooth devices dont work with 2 wii motes. (Info below). Make sure u post back if it works out for you. (In case it happens to me Smile).

Quote from below thread "Microsoft and Broadcom usb bluetooth devices will 100% work with dolphin, even with up to 4 controllers (I tested succesfully on nsmb, brawl, kart, sports resort)"

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-7363.html

linuxguy

i tried again this morning; 2 miimotes dont work for me on build 5063.

i can get 2 wiimotes to sync if i do the following:

add both wiimotes to ms bluetooth.

open dolphin (1 or zero will be recognized)
then select pair up and then hold 1 and 2 on the other one and wait ~ 1/2 minute for ms to re-recognize it and install drivers
repeat above till both wiimote sync (takes multiple tries)

so then i will get the player one and player two leds show up on both wiimotes but when i start a game the game will not rocognize both wiimotes. i will select 2 players and the game (not dolphin) will ask you to connect another controller.

tried with Mario Sonic Olympic and Mario Kart.

will try again with the latest svn build in a second.

btw both my wiimotes are black. im not sure that is really important but it seems like at least one person had trouble with black ones.

EDIT: oh ya i bought a cheapo bluetooth adapter (like $2 or 3) i dont know much about it other than that in hardware manager it says "CSR bluetooth adapter" not sure what type that is.
Hmmm let me know, or anyone else post a solution... Im not gonna buy the wiimotes if it might not work...
So i'm not the only one who has problems with black wiimotes. I've try with 3 bluetooth dongles : only one can hold 2 wiimotes with bluesoleil. But to play in dolphin with 2 wiimotes connected it is very hard : the controllers aren't recognize in games and you must wait the message "wiimote 1 is disconnected..." and then click severals times... You can do alt+f5 but it doesn't work. Is that an issue? Perhaps the programmers of dolphin should consider this problem. They just have to try with 2 black wiimotes!
I don't know what to say. With broadcom, Dolphin supports multiple motes just fine on every game. The procedure is as following:

After pairing in windows, click on Dolphin "Pair up real Wiimotes". You must now press down 1 and 2 on wiimote. On first time, it will go blank for about 5 seconds, and bluetooth dongle will blink. On bottom right task bar, it will say "Installing device..." And then it will say "Device was not installed correctly".

Then, close dolphin and open again. Now do the same again, click pair up real wiimotes and press down 1 and 2. This time, it will say "Installing device..." "Bluetooth HID device installed correctly". Now, press refresh, and the wiimote you pressed 1&2 on will shake. Repeat again on other wiimote. This is the way I got it to work.

In-game, press Alt+F6 (and consequently F7 and F8 for more motes) to activate them in a character selection screen. You must enable them when it says connect controllers. You can't activate them instantly when starting dolphin, that will not work.

[Image: 261jasl.png]
[Image: 2zq79g0.png]
[Image: 2dkeo1t.png]
Pages: 1 2