Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wireless IR sensor Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alioh7

hello,first of all i want to thank the Dolphin team for there wonderful job on working on this emulator really made wonders.I bought recently bought a BT for pc and 3 real wiimotes and they work fine,my question is if i buy this wireless sensor bar http://www.nyko.com/products/product-det...Sensor+Bar

will the pointer work? and yes i tried the candle trick/cd-dvd etc and they didnt work well with me
i made my own from an old remote with 2 leds in them cut out and 2x 99cent one battery holders from radio shack and 2 battery find out where to + and _ go on the leds , cheap 2 doller senser bar works a treat works for me as not good at solder stuff
(02-19-2010, 09:12 AM)alioh7 Wrote: [ -> ]hello,first of all i want to thank the Dolphin team for there wonderful job on working on this emulator really made wonders.I bought recently bought a BT for pc and 3 real wiimotes and they work fine,my question is if i buy this wireless sensor bar http://www.nyko.com/products/product-det...Sensor+Bar

will the pointer work? and yes i tried the candle trick/cd-dvd etc and they didnt work well with me

of course the nyko bar will work. i even have one of those and its pretty cool. just if u get one, u need to have some extra batteries lying around because that thing needs four batteries to operate (four batteries all ready included) and by the way, some people say that the blue light is pretty bright, but it doesnt bother me much.

alioh7

Thank you bleron for confirming me that the bar will work on pc gonna go buy it later this week when im free Smile
(02-19-2010, 06:27 PM)alioh7 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you bleron for confirming me that the bar will work on pc gonna go buy it later this week when im free Smile

I have also build my own yesterday. In my case i use USB

How this work? Just a USB Cable (use only the two 5V + and - cables), 2 IR LED 3V, a 30cm small cable duct and just for each LED a 20Ohm resistance. now i can use it with my USB Port and don't must put my wii on that that i can play games on dolphine. And of course without battery Big Grin

Here is a link to a TUT: http://glovepie.sascha-grams.de/sensorbar-tutorial.htm

Cost: ~6€

On my build is only two diferences:
1. 30cm (a little longer)
2. i put aluminium foil i form a Reflector on the LEDs to get better result. (Wiimotes see the lites better, but without its also OK!)
Thanks for the link. You guys made me to make one Wink. I'll have to find a nice black cover for them. The bar will go on top of my 110" screen frame. What is the coverage with the bar? I need about 15ft (4.5m) of coverage, do you think it will work? Huh
It should be ok. Wiitalk has a nice article about sensor bars and ranges. In general, 3rd party bars like Nyko will have broader range.

I got Blue Ocean wireless sensor bar, it works fine at about 4 meters, but the battery consumption is significant (4xAAA, and once they're only halfway drained, which is maybe 20-40 hours of gameplay, wiimote becomes inaccurate and buggy), therefore looking into an USB solution like listed above on this thread.
Quote:I have also build my own yesterday. In my case i use USB
very nice pity its in germen or summut like that worth looking into any english links to that page ???
My German is a little rusty, but there is a always google to the rescue Wink
thanks caveman