Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: question about FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi, i have 2 question about fps

-1: When i go to: -> options -> configure -> General. in fps i select off, and in new super mario bros wii i got 120 fps in menu, and 75 fps in game, but when i put it on: Auto. i got 43-45 fps in menu, and ingame 45 too, the game is pal, so the full fps are 50, why that happen????

-2: i have mario galaxy PAL, that suppose to be 50 fps, like mario kart wii PAL, i got full speed in time trial running to 50 fps, and all my PAL games run to 50 fps MAX, but mario galaxy runs to 60 FPS, i have mario galaxy in NTSC and PAL, im 100% the game is pal, only when i turn idle skip off the game runs to 50 fps,but obiusly i got horrible speed ingame, what can i do to run normally it to MAX 50 fps, like any pal game??

i use dolphin 5063.
my specs: Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ
2GB ram DDR2
Geforce 9600 GSO
Windows 7 x86

i use directx plugin in dolphin

LuisR14

just set the framelimiter to 60 or 70 (cuz the limiter is right now bugged) :p
the same happens to me with viewtiful joe, 45/60 fps activating frame limiter or audio trothle, and more than 90 fps with them disabled, if someone knows how to fix this...

system specs

core 2 duo e8200 2,7
2 gb ram drr2
8600 gt 512 mb
windows 7 x86
(02-18-2010, 11:08 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i have 2 question about fps

-1: When i go to: -> options -> configure -> General. in fps i select off, and in new super mario bros wii i got 120 fps in menu, and 75 fps in game, but when i put it on: Auto. i got 43-45 fps in menu, and ingame 45 too, the game is pal, so the full fps are 50, why that happen????

-2: i have mario galaxy PAL, that suppose to be 50 fps, like mario kart wii PAL, i got full speed in time trial running to 50 fps, and all my PAL games run to 50 fps MAX, but mario galaxy runs to 60 FPS, i have mario galaxy in NTSC and PAL, im 100% the game is pal, only when i turn idle skip off the game runs to 50 fps,but obiusly i got horrible speed ingame, what can i do to run normally it to MAX 50 fps, like any pal game??

i use dolphin 5063.
my specs: Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ
2GB ram DDR2
Geforce 9600 GSO
Windows 7 x86

i use directx plugin in dolphin

If you have 60 fps in SMG im very supprised, since its almost impossible, even with the most advanced cpus today. Have you even been at the observatory? Or in the beginning on the game for that matter Smile
(02-18-2010, 07:36 PM)yllet Wrote: [ -> ]If you have 60 fps in SMG im very supprised, since its almost impossible, even with the most advanced cpus today. Have you even been at the observatory? Or in the beginning on the game for that matter Smile

obviusly not ingame, in the menu screen, it says press B + A.
the thing is, if the 100% speed ingame are 60 fps y got 20 in observatory, so if the game was 100% speed 50 fps maybe y get 15% increase speed with the same fps, i tested smash brawl ntsc and pal and i really get better speed in pal, i need to run the game on pal mode, i want to know how to do that.
please
(02-19-2010, 01:26 AM)userpasswordpassport Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2010, 07:36 PM)yllet Wrote: [ -> ]If you have 60 fps in SMG im very supprised, since its almost impossible, even with the most advanced cpus today. Have you even been at the observatory? Or in the beginning on the game for that matter Smile

obviusly not ingame, in the menu screen, it says press B + A.
the thing is, if the 100% speed ingame are 60 fps y got 20 in observatory, so if the game was 100% speed 50 fps maybe y get 15% increase speed with the same fps, i tested smash brawl ntsc and pal and i really get better speed in pal, i need to run the game on pal mode, i want to know how to do that.
please

disable "use Eurgb60 mode (PAL60)" with that the max fps of many pal games will be 50, but i tried this with mario kart wii cause i had 50/60 fps
and after that i had 40/50 fps
(02-20-2010, 06:55 AM)karadaniano Wrote: [ -> ]disable "use Eurgb60 mode (PAL60)" with that the max fps of many pal games will be 50, but i tried this with mario kart wii cause i had 50/60 fps
and after that i had 40/50 fps

i have that option disabled

No, it's possible. I tested all locations that had complaints of low fps. It would never dip below 55, and it's 60 in most areas with 5000 rev x64.
FPS is in the top info bar

[Image: xmkcio.png]

[Image: dqrg36.jpg]

It must be just faulty configs or bad build. I used dx9, efb to texture, no projection hack, all audio options enabled, no panic handler. The gameplay is as on the real Wii (but background music disappear after 5 mins)
I tried also the beginning area by making a new save. There was no FPS difference, it's always 60.
[Image: mkja0p.png]
Hello Ocean.
Can you please post your settings (screenshots).
This game did run perfect on my system until i tried to change options for no reason yesterday.
I think i have played around too much with the settins and now the videos are playing too fast. Also the music is too fast.
But i had this working the other day with framelimit set to off.
And what exactly should i choose under Framelimit for most games?
Im playing PAL and NTSC Games on LCD (60hz)
Thanks for help
(02-20-2010, 10:11 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]

No, it's possible. I tested all locations that had complaints of low fps. It would never dip below 55, and it's 60 in most areas with 5000 rev x64.
FPS is in the top info bar

[Image: xmkcio.png]

[Image: dqrg36.jpg]

It must be just faulty configs or bad build. I used dx9, efb to texture, no projection hack, all audio options enabled, no panic handler. The gameplay is as on the real Wii (but background music disappear after 5 mins)
I tried also the beginning area by making a new save. There was no FPS difference, it's always 60.
[Image: mkja0p.png]

Config please
Pages: 1 2