Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote Battery empty after 5 days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i bought wiimote 1 week ago.
Have been using it together with a itrust bluetooth device on my usb.
The Battery were fresh and now already empty!!
I read somewhere here that the Bluetooth Device "Nintendo-RLV...." needs to be removed when finished playing else the battery keeps charging??
Is that true? Huh
Win7 64Bit and driver gets installed automatically via windows update

Please help
... you're lucky it lasted that much, for me it normally last 5 hours (not really)

and no, you do not have to remove the device from the computer... just disconnect the nunchuck, or take out the batteries... c'mon dude... and buy a rechargeable wiimote bay.

this is not a real issue Tongue
Ya, I thought to make thread of this earlier, but maybe it's a known issue already...

Bluetooth dongle keeps updating wiimote status even when it's not in use, or when all 4 lights are off. This drains the battery fast. When you take out Wiimote battery, BT device stops blinking and battery is saved.

Either way, I suggest you buy rechargeable battery pack for Wii, for example one that can load through the USB port. AA batteries for 5-10 hours of gaming is waste of money.
yes what product can you recommend?
or what recharger station?
I have Bigben quad charger, like this one:
http://www.hardware.nl/p/BIGBEN/BB264050

Couldn't find other site with proper info.. I don't know dutch language nor ordered from there, but it's that product.

Another good one which my friend has, is called Nyko charger station.

With bigben charger, after charging about 4 hours from the USB on totally empty battery, it resulted in about 24 hours of gameplay, so it's pretty good. You get better results if you let it totally drain to zero every time before charging.