Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: config changes do not save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bucky

Hi there.

Apologies if this has been previously posted, but the keywords of my issue are rather common, and I do not have the time to fish through all of the results.

Basically, the title says it all. Whenever I change any of the config settings, close the program and reopen it, ALL of the settings revert to the defaults.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate (32 bit) with Dolphin r5068 (the latest as of now). I had the same problem with r5067.

The program does not close irregularly, so I'm really at a loss here. If this cannot be resolved, I don't think I'll be using it.

**EDIT** the program now crashes when I close the config ... sometimes.

Thanks in advance Smile

LuisR14

where do you have dolphin saved to?

Bucky

well I moved it from the download directory to a folder called Program Files on my secondary hdd. I'm guessing it should be somewhere else ... man I figured the solution would be something simple. So, where should it be?
Run as an admin or grant the Dolphin directory permissions to be written to. On Vista/7 programs write to ProgramData or VirtuaStore instead of direct write access to Program Files, this is a security feature of Vista/7 and the only way to fix it is by running as an admin or adjusting permissions.

For some reason Dolphin doesn't write to the Appdata, Local, VirtualStore, ProgramData directories for Vista/7 compatibility and are forced to adjust permissions or run as an admin.

LuisR14

(02-17-2010, 05:19 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason Dolphin doesn't write to the Appdata, Local, VirtualStore, ProgramData directories for Vista/7 compatibility and are forced to adjust permissions or run as an admin.
well it doesn't write to those folders cuz it's not programmed to do that :p

Bucky

Okay, I understand. Since program files requires administrator rights to be written to, Dolphin cannot save the config changes. I have no time now, but I will test this in a few hours.

**EDIT** right clicked -> properties -> Compatibility -> checked the Run as admin (so it will always do it) and it works Smile

Thanks Smile