Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll

[Image: Super-Monkey-Ball-Step-&-Roll-Wii-Boxart-01.jpg]

The loveable characters from the original Super Monkey Ball, AiAi, MeeMee, GonGon and Baby, are back with this series of mind-blowing puzzles and party games specifically designed to fully utilize the Wii Balance Board accessory and the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll adds a dynamic level of interactive gameplay with the use of the Wii Balance Board while still remaining true to the original franchise with zany level design.

With the addition of the Wii Balance Board, gamers will physically feel what it would be like to roll around in a Monkey Ball and have tons of fun doing it. This installment of the popular series offers new single-player puzzle levels and multiple new Party Games giving players more variety of gameplay than ever before.

IGN.com

General Settings
  • Dual Core: Enabled
  • Idle Skipping: Enabled
  • HLE the IPL: Enabled
  • CPU Emulator Engine: JIT recompiler
  • Lock threads to core: Disabled
  • DSPLLE on thread: Disabled

Wii Settings
  • Progressive Scan: Enabled

OpenGL/Direct3D Settings
  • EFB Copy to: Texture (hack)

DSP Settings

No special settings to mention

Wiimote Settings

No specail settings to mention

Known Problems

When you reach the goal, screen turns white instead of showing your character advancing to the next level. That's not a big issue though.

Overall

Game runs perfectly at full speed with no big graphical glitches. Sound and controls work fine. I recommend using real Wiimote for this game. Status: [color=#006400]Perfect[/color]

On some levels I can see through the floor into the background graphic, but it is no major bug and this game is really fully playable.
I'm wary of getting this game, after an awful Monkey Ball on the Wii before, and a boring Monkey Ball 2 on the iPod touch with similar designs to this one.
This game emulate control Wiimote in control PS2 or WiimoteMovement?
Is you not have wiimote real.

Huh
(02-17-2010, 02:53 PM)babylon Wrote: [ -> ]This game emulate control Wiimote in control PS2 or WiimoteMovement?
Is you not have wiimote real.

Huh

There is no point to play games like Marble Mania/Super monkey ball without real wiimote..

bobs626

Dumpped the disk with rawdump 2.0 with no errors but it only plays in Chinese, ran it both ways, from the iso and mounted on a virtual dvd, and booted from the disk. It plays fine in the console and I have not seen this in the other 7 games dumpped so far. The case and disk say"For sale, Rental and use only in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Latin Amercia"....i7 Lynfield 2.93 Ghz, 8 Gigs DDR3 1600, 64 bit windows 7 ultimate, pair of xfired Radion HD 4950's and no clue how to read, write or speak Chinese.