Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Making it portable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

zCro

Hey! First of all, thank you for making all this possible!
I downloaded the r4771 build a couple of days ago on my PC. And it worked perfectly! (played paper mario : ttyd on it, no lag, no glitches, no nothing - runned ever so smoothly)

Anyhow, I thought I'd Heart to enjoy the game on "my" laptop too. Well technically it isn't mine so.. I don't have the administrator access to it. (can't install anything)

So I just put the dolhpin folder (from the PC..where I had already installed the emulator correctly) to my USB flash drive. And later on extracted it to my desktop. Tryed to emulate the same rom, but this time got errors like
"Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll:can't read info" & "Can't init any PAD Plugins" & "Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration."

So my question is how to make Dolphin portable on a USB flash drive?

Thanks in forward! Smile

LuisR14

you'll also have to copy the latest DirectX9 dlls :p (go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy d3dx9_42.dll to your dolphin folder :p)

zCro

(02-11-2010, 07:04 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]you'll also have to copy the latest DirectX9 dlls :p (go to C:\Windows\System32 and copy d3dx9_42.dll to your dolphin folder :p)

Heh, didn't have a _42.dll there. And it wanted the admin password when trying to update DirectX ._.
Thanks anyways Wink

LuisR14

i meant copying d3dx9_42.dll from your computer's C:\Windows\System32 folder to your USB folder :p (<-- gave you those instructions cuz it's obvious that you can't update nothing on a computer that has an admin password on it :p)

well i've uploaded it for you :p

EDIT: meh, forum doesn't let me upload it >_>