Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Way to map Wiimote d-pad to an analog stick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a persistent and frustrating indication of just how little effort devs feel they can get away with, that they release a game that BEGS for proper controller support.. and only give it Wiimote control. Not Gamecube. Not Classic Controller. Not even the freaking Nunchuk.

Well, my thumb can't take it. I need analog support.

The Wii Remote Plugin Configuration does not seem to allow one to force analog control on the Wiimote d-pad (the "plus" pad). I can only map four digital buttons.

I'd like to think this issue has popped up frequently, but I can't find the threads. If anyone knows what I should do to force analog support, please enlighten. Thanks.

LuisR14

hi, could you explain in more details what your problem is? Smile
(02-11-2010, 07:33 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]hi, could you explain in more details what your problem is? Smile

Sure. The Wiimote has the following buttons, from top to bottom:

Power
D-pad
A
Minus, Home, Plus

The D-pad is a digital control mechanism, which basically means it's just another four buttons (up, down, left, right).

Certain games only allow control via a Wiimote turned on its side, even when those games would greatly benefit from other control options, such as the Gamecube controller.

My problem isn't that I'm having difficulty getting the games to work. They work just fine. I am merely hoping that there is a way of telling Dolphin to force the emulated Wiimote to accept an analog stick (such as on a PS2 Dualshock) as its D-pad. This would be far more comfortable than having to use an actual digital pad. But as far as I can tell, when setting up the emulated Wiimote's D-pad, it ignores input from the analog sticks.

LuisR14

(02-11-2010, 08:19 PM)Asterra Wrote: [ -> ]My problem isn't that I'm having difficulty getting the games to work. They work just fine. I am merely hoping that there is a way of telling Dolphin to force the emulated Wiimote to accept an analog stick (such as on a PS2 Dualshock) as its D-pad. This would be far more comfortable than having to use an actual digital pad. But as far as I can tell, when setting up the emulated Wiimote's D-pad, it ignores input from the analog sticks.
ah, i understand now :p, i'll see what can be done Smile
Hi guys, any news on this? I have a controler which d-pad's left key is not working and I'm not able to assing the d-pad directionals to the analog stick on it, let me know!
Thanks
Nevermind, latest SVN fixed it!
Thanks