Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem using L/R buttons and pad configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Imh0tep

Hi friends,
can anybody help me configuring my gamepad? I'm using a Sony Dualshock connected via USB and SVN R 5031 (tried different versions).
No matter what I map my L and R buttons to, they are not recognized inside the games. Other buttons seem to work fine. What should I set the trigger source to? Triggers or Analog1? And second, what is the difference between trigger source SDL and XInput? Both don't work for me.
Second problem: I'm trying to play Mario Sunshine but once I pick up the water device, every move I make results in water being sprayed. On the one hand I cannot make the water gun work with the R button, on the other hand I cannot stop it from spraying when I try to walk around.
This all seems to be a problem of me being too dumb to configure my pad. I searched the forum without success, so pretty please:
Can anybody post a screenshot of his configuration? That would probably help me a lot. Thanks in advance!
Omg i have both problems too, would be nice if someone help.
set it to 'Keyboard' not 'Triggers'

strange but it works.
doesnt work Oo...

wich plugin u mean?
aren't you talking about the GCPad plugin?
i tried all plugins ...with your keyboard-"trick" too.

Nothin' works...=(

Imh0tep

(02-11-2010, 04:18 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]set it to 'Keyboard' not 'Triggers'
strange but it works.

It's true! Setting the triggers to "keyboard" makes L and R work again - and Super Mario Sunshine is now playable again. Thanks a lot for the hint thaCASHdude!!

Would you post a screenshot of your GC gamepad configuration here, just to compare your settings? thanks again!