Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Where do you find the PAD pluggins + xbox 360 controller support ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry for the post

I have searched, goggled, etc etc etc. The only pluggins I can find are the defualts and the xbox360 wired controllers do not work with the current pad configs.

I bought a WII game to experiment with dolphin and I found a local retailer selling used GC games used so I will be buying one of those.

does anyone have a not to Tech Heavy version of how to get these controllers properly configured ? Proper drive or even a configuration file.

I tried the xmapper. It was usueless. Huh

They work fine with every other Emulator I use, just to note.
Dolphin has all the plugins you need when you download it, but some people won't be able to use them if the proper runtime libraries, or version of DirectX has not been installed.

Quote:======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

Just install what you need, you should be able to see what you need.
Oh right, and what revision are you using? The download from the frontpage is not the up to date version, you can download that from here: www.dolphin-emu.org
thank You. I didn't even think about the compiler library DDOOOHHH.

I will update and post back.

thanx for your help !!!

(02-10-2010, 01:28 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin has all the plugins you need when you download it, but some people won't be able to use them if the proper runtime libraries, or version of DirectX has not been installed.

Quote:======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

Just install what you need, you should be able to see what you need.
Oh right, and what revision are you using? The download from the frontpage is not the up to date version, you can download that from here: www.dolphin-emu.org

Ok I must be a retard. I did all of those things and I still cannot get the remote to work at all. Does anyone have a pad configuration for the xbox 360 remotes they might like to share ?
Ok I must be a retard. I did all of those things and I still cannot get the remote to work at all. Does anyone have a pad configuration for the xbox 360 remotes they might like to share ?

System is a win XP 32 Os SP3 all the latest updates
Pentragon motherboard
AMD2+ socketed 9950 CPU
6gb ram 1066 FSB
Nvidia 9xxx series Onboard GC with 1GB or Ram dedicated
Realtek 888lcs Audio On Board

2 Xbox 360 controllers with the microsoft Xbox 360 driver installed and functional on all other emulators.

Whats the secret ?
Try a different revision of the emulator, one that includes the x360pad plugin, or under GCPad enable the Xinput.
I finally got it working but it isn't very intuative. The whole controller plugin interface needs a overhual.
Say, can't 360 pads be manually configured like any other generic joystick?

Chatty

Can a XBOX360 wireless guitar made work in Dolphin? Under button mapping I can see the accelerometer work but GH Van Halen says there's no spoon, uhm guitar.

LuisR14

i don't think that there's a working guitar hero option yet :/