Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unexpected Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since I began running Dolphin it has always run slow, despite the specs of my system. I was playing around with the settings to try and speed it up the other day when I came across a startling discovery. Although I'm running a very nice Intel Dual Core 3.16 Ghz E8500 Wolfdale CPU, disabling the dual core made a tremendous impact on my performance.

My framerate in the games I play [Wii] Zelda Twilight Princess, and [Wii] New Super Mario Bros. effectively doubled, with no skipping, tearing, or graphics issues. I have yet to understand why this happened. Maybe it will help for some of you. Good Luck.
That doesn't make sense , the thing that should double your framerate is enabling dualcore

What builds and OS ?
build 5034
windows 7 32 bit
runs like a dream now... i dont know why
I mean , who compiled the builds ?
I can't remember. All i know is things seem to be working better for me now. The only problem I still have is Zelda TP still has issues without the hack enabled, and with the hack enabled my nunchuck's controls are backwards. Did anyone ever solve that problem?
What likely happened here is that you disabled hyperthreading on your CPU, which actually interferred with Dolphin being able to utilize both cores. Now that you've disabled it, Dolphin is properly using both cores of your CPU and voila, your framerate has doubled Smile
no. Wolfdale cpus don't have ht. Disabling dual core made both gpu/jit sync and have full performance. If you do dual core and disable idle skipping, or turn of framelimit and use the audio throttle, you'll get much better speeds.