Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin wii under w7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is better if you run under the windows 7 operation system ?

Because I watched many dolphin wii emulator movies and the emulator' s speed was much better.
(02-09-2010, 06:08 PM)Nazgul1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is better if you run under the windows 7 operation system ?

Because I watched many dolphin wii emulator movies and the emulator' s speed was much better.

Actually the speed is lower tnan on windows xp, but it's not that bad
Slower? I tested xp against Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit won Big Grin!
(02-09-2010, 07:39 PM)Sabi96 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually the speed is lower tnan on windows xp, but it's not that bad

False Cool depends on your hardware.
(02-09-2010, 10:13 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Slower? I tested xp against Windows 7 both 32 bit and 64 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit won Big Grin!

yeah ive tested it too on similar systems, +5-7 fps on w7 x64 against xp x86
There is no clear answer to that question.

Some people will say xp and some will say 7, but difference is not big in any case.

If you really care for that few fps, try both by yourself.
for me x64 build now is faster than x32 in most case.

if you plan using win7 x32 it almost same speed as xp x32 or not much different.

Raicuparta

It depends on your hardware, but if you have a 64bit system, Win7 will almost certainly have better performance than XP. In 32bit in should be about the same.
Thank's for the anwers
x64 is always going to be better for this. And XP x64 is absolute junk, you want Win7 x64.
I've tested against XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and all ran Dolphin the same. In fact there is less overhead on the CPU with Vista and Windows 7 since the Aero interface is accelerated with the graphics card rather than the slow GDI --> CPU that XP uses so it frees up some extra CPU cycles for the emulator, after all emulators such as PCSX2 and Dolphin are CPU intensive.

But other than a small increase of FPS that W7/Vista may give (0.5 - 2 FPS) there isn't really much of a difference so long as you have decent hardware. Technically you should have decent hardware to run the emulator to begin with unless you like hindering your gaming experience and enjoy playing a slideshow. Windows 7 has fairly low overhead and performance if comparable to if not better than XP.

I've been using Windows 7 since it's release and it has been good to me so far, quite the improvement over Vista.
Pages: 1 2