Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics Card GTX 260 maxed out?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I am curious why exactly I can't seem to get the FSP you guys are.(Even when I follow exact setups)

It seems my Gpu is maxed out but that almost makes no sence to me this computer should be able to breeze through this. Here are my specs. My drivers should be 100% because I just installed windows 7 64 bit recently, and I'm not new to installing drivers.

i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GhZ LGA1366
Gigabyte GA-EXUD4P(Vers. 1, bois #F8)
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (6-7-6-18)v1.65
WD VelociRaptor 300gb 10,000rpm (WD3000HLFS)
Hitachi Deskstar idk/7k 2TB 7200rpm
Samsung 1TB 7200rpm
WD 250GB 7200rpm
GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI express
Rosewill RCR-FD400 74-in-1 3.5" Internal Card reader/floppy
Coolmax CUQ-1200B ATX SLI ready 1200w PS
Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Full Tower Case.

I'm thinking it has something to do with this graphics card, it may not be as compatible with dolphin but, I could be wrong.I have seen successful units on you tube with this card but they all are sli... Does anyone have this card? or have any ideas?
I really need to go get this in my head correctly. If I do remember, you need to make sure your I7 is using 2 physical cores and not hyperthreaded cores. (Set affinity correctly.) It would be cpu related more then gpu if you have made sure to read through some of the stickies and installed all things such as frameworks etc etc. Someone should be able to help you as there are many guys with systems close to yours.

Also it could be specific game settings you are using or a compiled build of dolphin used. I personally find spellforces compiled builds to be some of the fastest out there. He has really dove deep into optimizations and blessed us with some of the best compiled builds on this board.

Some Threads by doing a quick Search. Might be the same problem

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-684...ht=core+i7
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-642...ht=core+i7
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-462...ht=core+i7
Thanks man i disabled hyper threading via my bios and my fps shot up 20 fps. now Im getting 50 fps!! Now there has to be something else I am missing.. anyone else with an i7 or a gtx 260 can offer a tip.. would appreciate it..

Thanks man i disabled hyper threading via my bios and my fps shot up 20 fps. now Im getting 50 fps!! Now there has to be something else I am missing.. anyone else with an i7 or a gtx 260 can offer a tip.. would appreciate it..

Also fyi yes I did read the stickies and downloaded the C++ package and updated my direct x

Quick update. I downloaded a new version SVR version 5037 and now have 55-60 fps in mario cart.. it just kind of stutters on start up of the game 2 fps then wihin 1 sec its 59 fps.. looks alot better.. I think this build works well with the i7 procesor. Click here try this build!
Hahaha:
"Hyperthreading, lame-sauce since Pentium 4"