Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trim Your Wii Disc smaller size than compress/scrub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I begin with all wii game ,yes you must have a legal wii disc in order to do that.When i Try to trim Wii iso ,for example,New SMB true size is 366 MB after i trim is 348.1MB

The only problem is the save game won't work i mean it will save in the different folder ,only the banner work(but some game not work too)

Game after trim make it more playable?
Yes only a few game won't work without trim

Minigame(Wii game small size like 76 MB) it asked for my SD card then i set dolphin "insert SD card" but it won't work so I continue without save game

My Question : Where is the trimed wii iso save,I open wii save folder and see nothing but the banner but when i play the game the save file still there
Trimming is retarded and I'd love to never support trimmed ISOs.
However there's already an issue about it on the tracker; It'll get fixed sometime.
Thanks for the answer ,"tracker" where is it ? you meant googlecode?
wiiscrubber gets rid of a partition. That's why some saves dont' work. Dolphin's compressor does a much better job. Unfortunately, it isn't in a iso/burnable format for real wiis.
(02-09-2010, 12:16 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]wiiscrubber gets rid of a partition. That's why some saves dont' work. Dolphin's compressor does a much better job.
And what about making a dummy partition ? We don't use it anyways

(02-09-2010, 12:16 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, it isn't in a iso/burnable format for real wiis.
Why would we need that Tongue
so that I could burn it as a disk and play it from a smaller medium like cd-r. Oh well. My hdd is big enough.
(02-09-2010, 01:02 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]so that I could burn it as a disk and play it from a smaller medium like cd-r. Oh well. My hdd is big enough.
As I understand , the wii doesn't have an hybrid reader , right ?
nope. I'd like to burn my backups to a cd-r because I have a lot of them and play it on the comp.