Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DX9 3d clocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know why the latest revisions don't turn on 3d clocks when the emulator is fullscreen? Before if I turned on dolphin and went fullscreen in dx9 my 3d clocks (800/1000 ) turned on, now they stay at 300/300. If I force the clocks via CCC the emulator soon crashes due to improper voltages due to still being in 2d mode but with 3d clocks.

cat 10.1, hd4870x2.
You sure all your settings are the same when going between revs?
And even though you noticed different 3d clocks, does the emulator actually run any slower?
(02-08-2010, 03:34 AM)WhiteZero Wrote: [ -> ]You sure all your settings are the same when going between revs?
And even though you noticed different 3d clocks, does the emulator actually run any slower?

Yea there's a huge perfromance drop. Same settings.
Did you do any driver upgrade?
Did the problem start right after the driver upgrade?

Asking because many Radeon users are having clock and voltage issues on all kinds of games/enviroments.
Yea upgraded to latest cats 10.1 a day ago. I haven't really tried dolphin since about 45xx revision, wanted to try it now due to f-zero gx working. No other real pc game has problems with activating 3d clocks fullscreen.
I didn't notice any performance drop going to 10.1 cats.
How exactly are you checking your real-time 3d clock?
ATI has released a hotfix for Catalyst 10.1 for the issue I mentioned before
(02-08-2010, 12:33 PM)WhiteZero Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't notice any performance drop going to 10.1 cats.
How exactly are you checking your real-time 3d clock?
I have rivatuner running on my 2nd lcd and the core and ram speed stay at stock and don't go up like they usually do.
Well, rivatuner hasn't been updated since August of last year. So if it relies on information passed through the driver, it could be inaccurate after so many driver updates.
(02-08-2010, 03:16 PM)WhiteZero Wrote: [ -> ]Well, rivatuner hasn't been updated since August of last year. So if it relies on information passed through the driver, it could be inaccurate after so many driver updates.

Rivatuner came out in september 2009 version 2.24c XD. I can run CCC on the 2nd screen and the clocks shown there stay in 2d mode as well. One thing I noticed: I can force my clocks to run 3d mode and if I run dolphin emu in windowed mode it runs fine with no crashes. As soon as I fullscreen it will randomly crash within a minute, sometimes less.