Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I was also wondering ( How do i format my gamecube emulator's memory card? )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tonitone357

I saw that a previous poster received a ban for opening a thread with this subject matter. I would not think asking a question on how to correct the emulator it's self would result in a banned?

Oh well, I am here, he is not. Could anyone answer the same question that he asked
Quote:[color=#000000]"How do i format my Game Cube emulator's memory card"[/color]
? Because I have [color=#800080]The Lengend Of Zelda[/color] an when I try to play I get that message [color=#FF0000] The Memory Card In Slot A is Corrupted An Needs To Be Formatted[/color]? This is my first time using Dolphin & every GC game I tried thus far has failed due to this fatal message.
He was banned because he said he downloaded Wii and Gamecube games
a few gc games have the format option...and thats the only way to do it..(that i know)

tonitone357

(02-08-2010, 11:33 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]a few gc games have the format option...and thats the only way to do it..(that i know)

Wow, I am supprised I have not gotten more replies on this topic an a in-depth solution on how to rectify my problem, this being the Dolphin forum an all?

It must just be my software I am using, I guess?

But I have used 2 different variations of this Dolphin software an still I get the same memory card problem?

Can someone please help me out on this, my brother gave me a backup of one of his games that I would really love to play, but I can't seem to find any other topics related to this when I perform a search here?
Well, the games show that message because there is no memory card at all , the game need to create it

It should be enough to open the Memory card manager ( EDIT: I t isn't ¬¬, try to use the build-in option with another game )

tonitone357

(02-10-2010, 01:03 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the games show that message because there is no memory card at all , the game need to create it
Dolphin-x64-r5026Dolphin-x64-r5026
It should be enough to open the Memory card manager ( EDIT: I t isn't ¬¬, try to use the build-in option with another game )

Thanx, I have resolved this this.

My memory cards are now present an functional : )

1 problem though, I can manage to play certain games with a decent frame rate, but others Wii games that I play, I seem too struggle get my fps rate above 20, I would assume 50 or 60 fps is considered playable.

I am running two Ait cards in crossfire

Quad core processor running at 2.50GHz

8GB DDR2

Is this normal or is this just the build I am running "Dolphin-x64-r5026" that is making some games perform slow?

Please don't tell me that Dolphin is only runs 100% with Nvidia gfx cardsSad
(02-11-2010, 03:09 AM)tonitone357 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this normal or is this just the build I am running "Dolphin-x64-r5026" that is making some games perform slow?

Please don't tell me that Dolphin is only runs 100% with Nvidia gfx cardsSad

No, my friend has high-end ati card, all games work flawless. It's not just nvidia.

I would take a look at the build itself. Personally, I was very disappointed with certain last 64-bit builds (5030+), some even broke games that worked before, or made things slower.

I currently use a 5000 x64 bit rev which works for almost all games with full FPS using correct configs (I can pm those if you need)