Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Who is faster WindowsXP or Windows7??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is faster WindowsXP or Windows7??
Which give more fps???

sorry for my english

thanks
There is no big difference for Dolphin whether you choose 7 or XP, it's all about hardware you run it on
Yeah, I was running Dolphin on Xp and Win7 x64.
There are no big difference, but I think built x86 is a bit faster.
Didn't see big difference between win 7 64 and xp.
games like f-zero are much faster with windows7 x64.

x64 in overall is a bit faster for dolphin anyway.
Better question is, "which is better: 32 or 64-bit OS?"

64-bit os can utilize much more RAM (32 is limited to 4gb, and after system usage, only 3.5gb in reality), and in general can execute CPU commands faster.

Like others have said, it is not a matter of software, but what kind of hardware you run. Neither one is inherently faster.

Though, XP is 'lighter'. That is, it has much less background processes and threads running at any given time than Vista or Windows 7. So in some cases, it might actually gain performance over those two OS.

For example, it was already proven in CNET review, that XP is clearly faster than Vista due to it's light resource usage. http://news.cnet.com/Windows-XP-outshine...20201.html

I have dual boot option for xp64-bit and W7 64-bit, and must say, it feels XP loading times, boot time, opening applications, is blazing fast compared to newer versions.

For convenience and compatibility/higher DirectX enabling, I regularly use W7 only though
(02-07-2010, 06:11 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Better question is, "which is better: 32 or 64-bit OS?"

64-bit os can utilize much more RAM (32 is limited to 4gb, and after system usage, only 3.5gb in reality), and in general can execute CPU commands faster.

Like others have said, it is not a matter of software, but what kind of hardware you run. Neither one is inherently faster.

Though, XP is 'lighter'. That is, it has much less background processes and threads running at any given time than Vista or Windows 7. So in some cases, it might actually gain performance over those two OS.

For example, it was already proven in CNET review, that XP is clearly faster than Vista due to it's light resource usage. http://news.cnet.com/Windows-XP-outshine...20201.html

I have dual boot option for xp64-bit and W7 64-bit, and must say, it feels XP loading times, boot time, opening applications, is blazing fast compared to newer versions.

For convenience and compatibility/higher DirectX enabling, I regularly use W7 only though

thanks
Quote:For example, it was already proven in CNET review, that XP is clearly faster than Vista due to it's light resource usage. http://news.cnet.com/Windows-XP-outshine...20201.html

Yes but it was already proven that W7 is clearly faster than Vista.
With Zelda TP, I was at 16 fps in a particular area of hyrules fields using micro xp x86. With windows 7 ultimate 64 I get 13 fps. So, for this game no improvement, Xp was better. But, I decided to stay with win 7 because dolphin 64 seems to be with less bug (maybe it was micro xp who was buggy, I don't know).