Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Quad core, Are they making one compatible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have a 2.0ghz quad core, Is dolphin goign to make a version to run with a quad core in mind so that i can get a lot better performance? Or is there something i can use in order to do so? only getting 45-50 total frames on melee with 2 players on fountain, 4 is probably in the 26-30 range.. Dual cores at 2.5 destroy but Quad core would also if only it could be completely used with dolphin, is there any plugin for it?
Nope , it would be too complicated
Besides, the Fountain of dreams has incredibly heavy framebuffer usage, so, CPU has little to do with it.
Maybe a GDDR5 Radeon might get some speedups there, for everything else there's frameskipping.
(02-05-2010, 03:50 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, the Fountain of dreams has incredibly heavy framebuffer usage, so, CPU has little to do with it.
Maybe a GDDR5 Radeon might get some speedups there, for everything else there's frameskipping.

Whats that? a different graphics card? or a setting i can turn on? The radeon thing.
(02-05-2010, 03:50 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Besides, the Fountain of dreams has incredibly heavy framebuffer usage, so, CPU has little to do with it.

Also frameskipping slows it down really badly..
Then someone didn't fix it... is it the same for both video plugins?
They hate threads ;p, trying to add more threading is just gonna be a mess.