Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Occasional slowdowns.... but framerate stays high
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System:

C2D e8400 @ 3.6GHz
8GB DDR2 800MHz
Radeon 4870 512MB
Gigabyte p35 board
Seagate 7200RPM SATA 16MB cache
Win 7x64 ultimate

For the most part NSMB and Mario Galaxy run full speed for me staying right up around 60FPS but I do notice every once in a while at random times it looks like it slows down for a second and I get lag. I really don't have anything running in the background as I keep my machines clean as possible, the MS Bluetooth stack and Microsoft security essentials are running, as well as typical windows resources / programs.

Whats odd is the slowdown doesnt seem to corespond with the framerate.... it happens when the counter shows 60. Typically in NSMB when in a level I have only seen it dip down to 54fps for a second and rarely see it go above 60 fps but occasionally I see it hit 64 or 61

Also on the main maps in NSMB is the only place I have seen low framerates dipping down to 34fps. Also speed wise it doesnt seem to matter if I run at 640x480 or 1920x1080, it seems to stay pretty consistent which tells me I am possibly limmited by CPU and the build I am using.

I am using orleans build 49xx (not sure on exact a I am at work) and I can post configs when I get home.

Anyone else have this happen, just curious to see if it is common or maybe if something is going on with my windows install lol.